Comparison of frameworks 2020

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.
marvaysCZ
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Comparison of frameworks 2020

Post by marvaysCZ » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Hello. After a long time I am interested in frameworks. What framework would you recommend for creating a template? I appreciate the speed of the template.

Years ago, I used JSN and Astroid. Now I'm considering a T4 framework + T4 page builder. Or JSN Sun Framework + JSN Pagebuilder + JSN Mobilize. I love the mobilize component and I haven't seen any better competition.

I currently use Astroid framework + Quix builder. But I think a framework and builder from one manufacturer will be better than two different ones. Quix builder produces themexpert and they don't have a tempalte framework :( Astroid makes them joomdev ... they have JD Builder, but he doesn't have a good rating.

There are many articles to compare. But I don't believe they are objective.

Thank you for your feedback.

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Comparison of frameworks 2020

Post by AMurray » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:30 pm

Sorry, I also can only offer a subjective opinion; I use SP Page Builder and Helix Ultimate (both JoomShaper) and find it sufficient for my needs. (The framework being Helix 3).

Just my opinion, I haven't tried others (well, Astroid briefly and T3 some years ago); can't say I know enough about them or others, to arrive at any informed decision.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc....Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:00 pm

marvaysCZ wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:59 pm
What framework would you recommend for creating a template?
I don't recommend any specific product on this forum. It is against the forum rules to advertise or promote specific products (other than by encouraging people to do their own research, e.g. by searching on Google). These comparisons of one product vs. another product discussions invariable lead to people abusing the forum to promote as opposed to recommend certain things. It's almost impossible to separate recommendations from blatant promotion. That's why I don't "recommend" products.

As I say, it's against the forum rules to advertise. For that reason alone I can't offer my personal recommendation to use one product (or template framework) or, for that matter, spend my time doing someone else's research. There are plenty of websites on the internet that compare template frameworks. All one has to do is to use Google.

Take care and good luck.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

marvaysCZ
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by marvaysCZ » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:57 am

Interestingly. But I do not agree with you. It is the comparisons in the articles on the Internet that are mostly purposeful and paid for. That's why I asked our community a question and hoped to get answers.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:29 am

You don't have to agree with me. See the Forum rules: we are not allowed to promote or advertise products (including template frameworks) on this forum. It's as simple as that.
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

marvaysCZ
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by marvaysCZ » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:06 am

sozzled wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:29 am
we are not allowed to promote or advertise products (including template frameworks) on this forum.
When recommending an extension or other product to help a user solve their issue, you must disclose any affiliations you may have with the company or group that authors that particular product. This includes, but is not limited to: any paid or non-paid relationships past or present, receiving any promotional products or services, or any other similar information.

sozzled wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:29 am
It's as simple as that.
You don't have to worry. And you don't have to be overly correct, my friend :) If you have a bad or good experience with some frameworks, feel free to tell me.

I found an interesting comparison here.
But it is quite old (17 months) and JSN, T4 is missing. Still, it's better than having no information.

sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sozzled » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:31 am

Thanks for your understanding and thanks for finding an independent comparison (even though I cannot read Russian).

I have several websites. I use a few different frameworks with these websites. Everyone has their own preference. What I will *not* do, however, is to mention the names of these frameworks here on the forum—whether as a suggestion, recommendation or promotion—because I do not want to be banned from the forum for breaking the forum rules.

On the whole, I've had good experiences with the template frameworks that I've used. I've had better experiences with some template frameworks than I've had with others. As a general rule, I avoid so-called "page builder" products but they have their up sides, I suppose. I dislike template frameworks that install additional (and often completely unnecessary) components; having an extra component is just more work.

I've found that, with some template frameworks that install extra components, these components are updated more often than the frameworks themselves. Therefore, my recommendation is to avoid template frameworks that add bloatware. I use the KISS principle: keep things simple. Avoid website maintenance overheads.

You know something? People who use this forum often report broken websites and the reason these websites break so often is because of the template framework they installed years ago and they haven't kept the software up-to-date. I would rather spend my time producing actual content rather than wasting my time finding a "better" template framework.

If other people want to recommend, promote or *advertise* other forum frameworks and they get into trouble for doing that, that's their problem.

marvaysCZ
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by marvaysCZ » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:28 am

sozzled wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:31 am
Thanks for your understanding and thanks for finding an independent comparison (even though I cannot read Russian).
Google translator :)

anatom09
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by anatom09 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:35 pm

I hate frameworks! I am contantly looking for templates that use the Joomla way. Preset module positions in the template index.php. Ι rarely find such templates anymore. I am angry about it! I need simple, bootstrap templates, without damned frameworksss...!

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”