changing the colour of article titles

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.
keldale
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

changing the colour of article titles

Post by keldale » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:55 am

My site is Joomla 3.9.20 at https://www.benefitofexperience.com/
I need to change the colour of article titles which are coming up blue. I know this has to be done via CSS and have tried changing the header colours in /css/text.css and adding !important but that's the limit of my knowledge. It's obviously being over-ridden from somewhere and I don't know enough about CSS to find out where or how to change it.
Any help would be much appreciated.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: changing the colour of article titles

Post by imanickam » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:28 pm

Reviewed the template. If you are referring to the Article Titles in the pages such as your-site-url/articles/9-agile-benefits-management then the css such as the following would achieve what you want. Be informed that the color Blue is given for illustration only.

Code: Select all

.item-page h2 {
    color: blue !important;
}

As the template is a commercial template, it is hard to find out whether the template has a file or a place to have custom css entries created by the user.

If you are modifying an existing file then make sure to take a copy of the file before editing it.

For other pages such as the then the css would change. Please use the inspect feature that is available in most of the browsers to check what css entry to add.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

keldale
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by keldale » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:17 pm

Thank you. Which css file would I add that to?

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:55 pm

imanickam wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:28 pm
As the template is a commercial template, it is hard to find out whether the template has a file or a place to have custom css entries created by the user.
First you have to check the documentation of the template to find out how and where to enter the custom css code. If the documentation does not specify it, ask the developer of the template about this.

If you are not going anywhere try to add it to the file text.css or to the file template.css and see what happens.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

keldale
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by keldale » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:42 pm

Thank you, the template is one I've had for some time and I no longer have support from the developer, I;m just rejigging the site. Will try that or perhaps just learn to live with the colour as it is!

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”