How to create different versions of <blockquote>? Topic is solved

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.
sokrates_mx5
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

How to create different versions of <blockquote>?

Post by sokrates_mx5 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:27 pm

I've altered the layout of <blockquote> in user.css that suites me for a certain purpose. Maybe, I should have created a different version e.g. <blockquote-frame> for this purpose. Then I could still have used the original <blockquote> where it's suitable.

I started to use the JCE editor, but then I moved to the TinyMCE editor when I needed to insert tables into the articles.

Are there any setting to take into consideration to start using one's own defined <blockquote-frame>?

Is it possible to create new buttons in the editors for easy access to the new defined <blockquote-frame>?

I'm using the Protostar template.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: How to create different versions of <blockquote>?

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:17 pm

Add a class.

<blockquote class="myclass">

Use the selector
blockquote.myclass {} in CSS.

The classes will show up in the style drodown in JCE when entered into the configured css file.

What problem do you have with tables in JCE?

sokrates_mx5
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by sokrates_mx5 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:36 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:17 pm
Add a class.

<blockquote class="myclass">

Use the selector
blockquote.myclass {} in CSS.

The classes will show up in the style drodown in JCE when entered into the configured css file.
Thanks Per Yngve. I understand it as I should put blockquote.myclass {} in user.css. I believe the configured css-file of JCE can be done as mentioned in:

https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/sup ... stylesheet

https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/sup ... tom-styles

But what to do with <blockquote class="myclass">, or is this just a result of the above?

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:17 pm
What problem do you have with tables in JCE?
I didn't find any way to insert tables with JCE, when I was in a hurry to do so. Probably because I hadn't spent enough time to configure it. Someone wrote that working on tables could be done with TinyMCE, therefore the swap. Now when I look at JCE again, then I can see the buttons for inserting and working with tables. JCE is now back as my default editor again, since I prefer it :)

sokrates_mx5
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by sokrates_mx5 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:13 pm

sokrates_mx5 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:36 pm
But what to do with <blockquote class="myclass">, or is this just a result of the above?
Stupid me. <blockquote class="myclass"> is what is placed in the article, just like <blockquote>. It's the class="myclass" that make it possible to create a different style for it in user.css.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”