Custom template, how do I add images to the images folder? Topic is solved

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
CBI Web
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Custom template, how do I add images to the images folder?

Post by CBI Web » Fri May 21, 2021 12:30 pm

I created the necessary files for a new template, and installed the package successfully.

Now I want to add images to the images folder. How do I do that?

EDIT: Figure it out (or at least one way to do it)

New File > select images folder > Browse & Upload

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Custom template, how do I add images to the images folder?

Post by imanickam » Fri May 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Food for thought:

If the images are part of the template that is installed, you could very well add them in the zip file itself. This way, they files will get copied when the template is installed.

Also, if you want to use/install the template in another site, making images as a part of the zip file will reduce the time of uploading the images and also make the install consistent with all the relevant files.

In case, if you want to make the some image files different for different sites and the number of such images are less then using relevant fields for the appropriate images in the xml file could be considered.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

CBI Web
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Custom template, how do I add images to the images folder?

Post by CBI Web » Fri May 21, 2021 10:32 pm

imanickam wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:22 pm
Food for thought:

If the images are part of the template that is installed, you could very well add them in the zip file itself. This way, they files will get copied when the template is installed.

Also, if you want to use/install the template in another site, making images as a part of the zip file will reduce the time of uploading the images and also make the install consistent with all the relevant files.

In case, if you want to make the some image files different for different sites and the number of such images are less then using relevant fields for the appropriate images in the xml file could be considered.
Thanks for that info. I'm brand new to Joomla!, and trying to learn it the best way I can. I'm concerned about the.... lack of? confusing? unclear? ...tutorials and such for using this software. But I chose it over others that I researched (I'm a WordPress refugee), and not about to run without a fight. :laugh:

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”