Joomla templates, fastest

Everything to do with Joomla! 3.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
komir
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joomla templates, fastest

Post by komir » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:32 pm

Hi, I have using Joomshaper for a few years.
I notice new templates and their SPPagebilder become very slow and use lots of server resources.

What template developer do you use, who you tested and can say, their frameworks have very good, fast and don't have lots of bugs?
Thank you for every suggestion

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Joomla templates, fastest

Post by AMurray » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:10 pm

I use SP Page Builder and Helix Ultimate - no problems with site loading. Maybe that's because I'm using Joomla 4 - with much improved speed both for the CMS and Helix template/framework (and SP Page Builder). Never had issues with JoomShaper - been using them for 5 years.

Can't speak to anything else like T3, Gantry or Astroid etc.

Of course, there's more to it than simply 'fast' templates. It depends on your users' internet connection(s), their location in the world from where they're accessing the site, your hosting infrastructure, whether you're using a CDN etc.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Joomla templates, fastest

Post by Pavel-ww » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:08 am

komir wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:32 pm
Hi, I have using Joomshaper for a few years.
I notice new templates and their SPPagebilder become very slow and use lots of server resources.

What template developer do you use, who you tested and can say, their frameworks have very good, fast and don't have lots of bugs?
Thank you for every suggestion
Hi. All frameworks and page builders plus /minus the same in the aspect of speed and bugs. Therefore, the selection criterion is only one - ease of use personally for you.

In inept hands, the tool may be incorrectly used and lead to bad results. For example, in SP Page Builder, the same block can be created in several ways. In one case, it will be heavy and slow in another case optimized and fast.

Even when working with such things as frameworks and page builders, you need to understand what processes occur in the code when generating a page. Then you can use these tools with maximum optimization.

But no framework and page builder will be compared in speed with a clean template and HTML / CSS / JS encoding. Using frameworks and page builders, you pay the price for the lack of knowledge, not only in money but also in deterioration of site performance .

If you need a fast site, use Cassiopea + HTML / CSS / JS coding.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 3.x”