Prevent back-button re-entry to a private page

Discussion regarding Joomla! 3.x security issues.

Moderators: Bernard T, mandville, PhilD, fcoulter, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant / FPA - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
edform
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Prevent back-button re-entry to a private page

Postby edform » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:28 pm

A website I'm developing contains a single private page - it's a set of links to audio recordings and a player module so that only logged-in users can play them. It is linked from a page that contains only the mod_login module and it also has the mod_login module embedded at the top of the page which, obviously, shows as a log-off button because you log in to get to it. Clicking that log-off button redirects the user to the site homepage.

When testing the arrangement,I borrowed my daughter's iPhone and listened to a couple of the recordings, before clicking the log-off button at the top of the page with the recordings and closing her browser down. Then I gave her the phone back and she clicked the back button and returned to the page with the recordings list and was able to use it.

I need to add something to this one page which will prevent this re-entry - In other words, it should not be possible to get to this page without going through the menu system and logging in. Can I make this particular page non-cacheable in some way, or is there another way to prevent re-entry to the private page?

Ed Form

edform
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Prevent back-button re-entry to a private page

Postby edform » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 pm

I just gave myself a good kick when I found the linked page was set for public access!!!

Sorry to have bothered you.

Ed Form

Return to “Security in Joomla! 3.x”