Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again... Topic is solved

Discussion regarding Joomla! 3.x security issues.
Post Reply
russbo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:11 am

Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by russbo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:44 am

Sorry to bring this up, but I've been through all the threads, and I can't seem to get around this error, trying to update Joomla 3.87 to latest. Using the link that the site sent to me, as I don't seem to have a joomla update in the components list.
PHP ini settings all as suggested (max execution time, etc)
Using php 7.2
All files in com_joomlaupdate
file permissions fixed with Akeeba tools
.htaccess latest and correct (tried with and without as per suggestions found)
cleared the cache
tried changing the $live site setting (it screwed up my site, kept it empty)

I also don't seem to find "joomla update" in my components list anymore.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Last edited by toivo on Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x Migrating and Upgrading

User avatar
AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion
Posts: 6364
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:35 am
Location: Australia

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by AMurray » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:15 am

Note that PHP is out of date - update to 7.3 or 7.4. (don't know if that has an impact on the issue; probably not; just saying that 7.2 is at EOL or will be, in about 2 weeks (30th November) Refer to https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php.

"Using the link that the site sent to me..." what does that mean...? What link?

How are you actually updating? If Joomla Update is not in the components menu, are you logged on as a user that has the permission to update the site i.e. Super user.

Please post the FPA (red box top of screen, see the third link...).
https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/
There might be other extensions or issues we can identify, that is interfering.

Double check php settings like max file upload and max post size (should be the same or Max Post Size larger that file upload limit), memory limit, execution time etc.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc....Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!

russbo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:11 am

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by russbo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:48 pm

Yes, I know PHP has to be upgraded, working on that with the host....
My web site sends me a link from the Joomla program that informs me that an upgrade is available, and I can use that link to commence the upgrade process, though, for some reason, Joomla update is not in my components menu. (Quite a while ago, I updated joomla from the 2.x series, I've been using Joomla for over fifteen years... Not sure if that update years ago had the joomla component in it)
Max file upload and max post size I had checked, it's pretty maxed out. Max execution time 300, mem limit 128M.
I am the superuser and the only one that logs into the admin area.
Forum Post Assistant (v1.6.1) : 20-Nov-2020 wrote:
Last PHP Error(s) Reported :: wrote:[20-Nov-2020 12:32:04 UTC] PHP Warning: File Upload Mime headers garbled in Unknown on line 0
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 3.8.7-Stable (Amani) 18-April-2018
Joomla! Platform :: Joomla Platform 13.1.0-Stable (Curiosity) 24-Apr-2013
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Writable (644) |
Configuration Options :: Offline: false | SEF: true | SEF Suffix: false | SEF ReWrite: true | .htaccess/web.config: Yes | GZip: false | Cache: false | CacheTime: 15 | CacheHandler: file | CachePlatformPrefix: false | FTP Layer: false | Proxy: false | LiveSite: | Session lifetime: 45 | Session handler: none | Shared sessions: false | SSL: 0 | Error Reporting: none | Site Debug: false | Language Debug: false | Default Access: 1 | Unicode Slugs: true | dbConnection Type: mysqli | PHP Supports J! 3.8.7: Yes | Database Supports J! 3.8.7: Yes | Database Credentials Present: Yes |

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 2.6.32-754.18.2.el6.x86_64 | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache | Encoding: gzip, deflate, br | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 1.26 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 7.2.34 | PHP API: cgi-fcgi | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: 1 | Error Reporting: 32759 | Log Errors To: error_log | Last Known Error: 20th November 2020 12:32:04. | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Allow url fopen: | Open Base: | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 512M | Max. POST Size: 20M | Max. Input Time: 600 | Max. Execution Time: 600 | Memory Limit: 512M

Database Configuration :: Version: 5.7.32 (Client:mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 3591daad22de08524295e1bd073aceeff11e6579 $) | Database Size: 168.34 MiB | #of Tables with config prefix:  142 | #of other Tables:  0 | User Privileges : GRANT ALL
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (7.2.34) | date (7.2.34) | libxml (7.2.34) | openssl (7.2.34) | pcre (7.2.34) | zlib (7.2.34) | filter (7.2.34) | hash (1.0) | pcntl (7.2.34) | readline (7.2.34) | Reflection (7.2.34) | SPL (7.2.34) | session (7.2.34) | standard (7.2.34) | cgi-fcgi () | bcmath (7.2.34) | bz2 (7.2.34) | calendar (7.2.34) | ctype (7.2.34) | curl (7.2.34) | dba (7.2.34) | dom (20031129) | enchant (7.2.34) | mbstring (7.2.34) | fileinfo (1.0.5) | ftp (7.2.34) | gd (7.2.34) | gettext (7.2.34) | gmp (7.2.34) | iconv (7.2.34) | imap (7.2.34) | intl (1.1.0) | json (1.6.0) | ldap (7.2.34) | exif (7.2.34) | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 3591daad22de08524295e1bd073aceeff11e6579 $) | odbc (7.2.34) | PDO (7.2.34) | pgsql (7.2.34) | Phar (2.0.2) | posix (7.2.34) | pspell (7.2.34) | shmop (7.2.34) | SimpleXML (7.2.34) | snmp (0.1) | soap (7.2.34) | sockets (7.2.34) | sqlite3 (7.2.34) | sysvmsg (7.2.34) | sysvsem (7.2.34) | sysvshm (7.2.34) | tidy (7.2.34) | tokenizer (7.2.34) | xml (7.2.34) | xmlwriter (7.2.34) | xsl (7.2.34) | zip (1.15.4) | mysqli (7.2.34) | pdo_mysql (7.2.34) | PDO_ODBC (7.2.34) | pdo_pgsql (7.2.34) | pdo_sqlite (7.2.34) | wddx (7.2.34) | xmlreader (7.2.34) | xmlrpc (7.2.34) | Zend Engine (3.2.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions ::

Switch User Environment :: PHP CGI: Yes | Server SU: Yes | PHP SU: Yes | Potential Ownership Issues: No
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (755) | components/ (755) | modules/ (755) | plugins/ (755) | language/ (755) | templates/ (755) | cache/ (755) | logs/ (---) | tmp/ (755) | administrator/components/ (755) | administrator/modules/ (755) | administrator/language/ (755) | administrator/templates/ (755) | administrator/logs/ (755) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Database Information :: wrote:Database statistics :: Uptime: 407488 | Threads: 1 | Questions: 10916108 | Slow queries: 0 | Opens: 115627 | Flush tables: 1 | Open tables: 2000 | Queries per second avg: 26.788 |
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Components :: Site ::
Core :: com_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 | com_mailto (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: WF_FILESYSTEM_JOOMLA_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_POPUPS_JCEMEDIABOX_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_LINKS_JOOMLALINKS_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_LINK_SEARCH_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_VIDEO_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_AUDIO_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_VIMEO_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_[youtube]_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_DAILYMOTION_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_MEDIA_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_TABLE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_SOURCE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_LAYER_TITLE (2.8.3) ? | WF_PRINT_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_SEARCHREPLACE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_LISTS_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_EMOTIONS_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_FULLSCREEN_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_ANCHOR_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_XHTMLXTRAS_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_VISUALCHARS_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_LINK_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_DIRECTIONALITY_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_VISUALBLOCKS_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_STYLE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_CLIPBOARD_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_FONTSELECT_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_WORDCOUNT_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_CHARMAP_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_FONTSIZESELECT_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_PREVIEW_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_STYLESELECT_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_AUTOSAVE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_HR_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_KITCHENSINK_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_REFERENCE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_NONBREAKING_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_ATTRIBUTES_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_SPELLCHECKER_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_ARTICLE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_HELP_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_TEXTCASE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_CONTEXTMENU_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_CLEANUP_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_IMGMANAGER_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_FONTCOLOR_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | JCE - Noneditable (1.0.0) ? | WF_BROWSER_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_FORMATSELECT_TITLE (2.9.1) ? |

Components :: Admin ::
Core :: com_installer (3.0.0) 1 | com_templates (3.0.0) 1 | com_messages (3.0.0) 1 | com_postinstall (3.2.0) 1 | com_checkin (3.0.0) 1 | com_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | com_ajax (3.2.0) 1 | com_plugins (3.0.0) 1 | com_content (3.0.0) 1 | com_menus (3.0.0) 1 | com_search (3.0.0) 1 | com_finder (3.0.0) 0 | com_cpanel (3.0.0) 1 | com_contenthistory (3.2.0) 1 | com_redirect (3.0.0) 1 | com_tags (3.1.0) 1 | com_media (3.0.0) 1 | com_banners (3.0.0) 0 | com_categories (3.0.0) 1 | com_associations (3.7.0) 0 | com_config (3.0.0) 1 | com_users (3.0.0) 1 | com_fields (3.7.0) 1 | com_login (3.0.0) 1 | com_languages (3.0.0) 1 | com_cache (3.0.0) 1 | com_joomlaupdate (3.6.2) 1 | com_admin (3.0.0) 1 | com_modules (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: com_gantry5 (5.4.36) 1 | com_layer_slider (6.6.0) 0 | Creative Gallery (2.1.0) 1 | offlajn_installer (1.0) 1 | COM_CREATIVEIMAGESLIDERPRO (1.0.0) 1 | Akeeba (7.1.4) 1 | COM_JCE (2.9.1) 1 | COM_YENDIFVIDEOSHARE (1.2.8) 1 | COM_CREATIVECONTACTFORM (4.5.0) 1 | Universal AJAX Live Search (5.4.3) 1 | Offlajn Joomla 3.0 compatibility (1.0) 1 | System - Offlajn Params (1.1.0) 1 | System - Offlajn Params (1.1.0) 1 | AJAX Live Search results (1.0.0) 1 | Admintools (5.6.0) 1 |

Modules :: Site ::
Core :: mod_banners (3.0.0) 1 | mod_languages (3.5.0) 1 | mod_footer (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_category (3.0.0) 1 | mod_users_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_search (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_popular (3.1.0) 1 | mod_tags_similar (3.1.0) 1 | mod_related_items (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_categories (3.0.0) 1 | mod_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 | mod_breadcrumbs (3.0.0) 1 | mod_finder (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_whosonline (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_syndicate (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_archive (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_news (3.0.0) 1 | mod_random_image (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: Perfect Everything in Everyway PRO (2.0.13) 0 | mod_breadcrumbs_adv (3.2) 0 | Universal AJAX Live Search (5.4.3) 1 | Creative Slider (6.6.053) 1 | sigplus (1.4.3.1) 1 | Vertical Menu (3.1.153) 1 | MOD_CREATIVEGALLERY_NAME (2.1.0) 1 | MOD_CREATIVECONTACTFORM_NAME (4.5.0) 1 | Yendif Video Share - Playlist (1.2.8) 1 | mod_gantry5_particle (5.4.36) 1 | AJAX Live Search results (1.0.0) 1 | Creative Image Slider PRO (1.0.0) 1 | Fancy TagCloud (1.021) 0 | Yendif Video Share - Videos (1.2.8) 1 | Yendif Video Share - Categories (1.2.8) 1 | Yendif Video Share - Player (1.2.8) 1 | Yendif Video Share - Search (1.2.8) 1 | mod_krizalys_breadcrumbs (1.2.1) 0 |

Modules :: Admin ::
Core :: mod_logged (3.0.0) 1 | mod_status (3.0.0) 1 | mod_sampledata (3.8.0) 0 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_submenu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_version (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats_admin (3.0.0) 1 | mod_title (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_multilangstatus (3.0.0) 1 | mod_toolbar (3.0.0) 1 | mod_quickicon (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party::

Libraries ::
Core ::
3rd Party:: file_fof30 (3.5.4) ? |

Plugins ::
Core :: plg_content_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_fields (3.7.0) 0 | plg_content_vote (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_emailcloak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_loadmodule (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_finder (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_pagenavigation (3.0.0) 1 | plg_fields_media (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_color (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_text (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_textarea (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_sql (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_user (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_editor (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_checkboxes (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_usergrouplist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_url (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_integer (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_imagelist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_calendar (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_list (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_radio (3.7.0) 1 | plg_twofactorauth_totp (3.2.0) 1 | plg_twofactorauth_yubikey (3.2.0) 0 | plg_system_debug (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_languagefilter (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_redirect (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_system_cache (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_logout (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_updatenotification (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_languagecode (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_sessiongc (3.8.6) 0 | plg_system_highlight (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_sef (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_remember (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_stats (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_p3p (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_log (3.0.0) 1 | plg_extension_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_captcha_recaptcha (3.4.0) 0 | plg_quickicon_phpversioncheck (3.7.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate (3.0.0) 0 | plg_quickicon_extensionupdate (3.0.0) 0 | PLG_INSTALLER_FOLDERINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_URLINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_packageinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | plg_search_categories (3.0.0) 0 | plg_search_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_tags (3.0.0) 0 | plg_search_contacts (3.0.0) 0 | plg_search_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_contactcreator (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_user_profile (3.0.0) 0 | plg_editors-xtd_fields (3.7.0) 0 | plg_editors-xtd_module (3.5.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_readmore (3.0.0) 0 | plg_editors-xtd_pagebreak (3.0.0) 0 | plg_editors-xtd_article (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_menu (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_image (3.0.0) 0 | plg_authentication_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_gmail (3.0.0) 0 | plg_authentication_cookie (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_ldap (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_tags (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: Perfect [youtube] Video in Everyway (2.0.3) 0 | Perfect [youtube] Gallery in Everyway (2.0.4) 0 | Content - Perfect Everything in Eve (2.0.0) ? | plg_content_jce (2.9.1) 1 | Content - Creative Slider (6.6.0) 1 | Yendif Video Share - Player (1.2.8) 1 | Content - Image gallery - sigplus (1.4.3.1) 1 | plg_fields_mediajce (2.9.1) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_ADMINTOOLS (5.6.0) 1 | System Vertical Menu (1.0) 1 | Offlajn Joomla 3.0 compatibility (1.0) 1 | Offlajn Dojo Loader (1.0) 1 | System - Offlajn Params (1.2.0) 1 | System - Offlajn Params (1.2.1) 1 | plg_system_jce (2.9.1) 1 | Creative Contact Form (4.5.0) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_AKEEBAUPDATECHECK (7.1.4) 1 | Creative Gallery (2.1.0) 1 | plg_system_gantry5 (5.4.36) 1 | Creative Image Slider PRO (1.0.0) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_BACKUPONUPDATE (7.1.4) 0 | plg_extension_jce (2.9.1) 1 | plg_quickicon_jce (2.9.1) 1 | plg_quickicon_akeebabackup (7.1.4) 1 | plg_quickicon_gantry5 (5.4.36) 1 | plg_installer_jce (2.9.1) 1 | Yendif Video Share - Search (1.2.8) 1 | Button - Creative Slider (6.6.0) 1 | Button - Perfect Everything in Ever (2.0.0) ? | PLG_ACTIONLOG_ADMINTOOLS (1.0) 0 | PLG_ACTIONLOG_AKEEBABACKUP (7.1.4) 0 | plg_gantry5_preset (5.4.36) 0 | plg_editors_jce (2.9.1) 1 | plg_editors_codemirror (5.35.0) 1 | plg_editors_tinymce (4.5.8) 1 |
Templates Discovered :: wrote:Templates :: Site :: rt_protean (1.0.0) 1 | beez3 (3.1.0) 0 | shaolin-temple (1.0.5) 1 | protostar (1.0) 0 |
Templates :: Admin :: hathor (3.0.0) 0 | isis (1.0) 1 |
Last edited by toivo on Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: disabled smilies in post Options for readability

User avatar
Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 27454
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: Romerike, Norway

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:09 pm

Your max_upload_size is limited by the max_post_size (20M)

URL fopen is not enabled on the server.

User avatar
AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion
Posts: 6364
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:35 am
Location: Australia

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by AMurray » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 pm

As @Per suggests, he is indicating to set set the max post size to equal or greater than the max upload size.

I would think 512M for max upload file limit is a bit excessive, make both variables about 30M which would allow for most uploads including Joomla installation packages, updates, extensions and general documents and images.

It is curious you can't set the PHP yourself; I suppose it depends on your host, but normally you should be able to do this from the hosting admin section (cPanel, Plesk etc).
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc....Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!

russbo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:11 am

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by russbo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:42 am

Thanks for the suggestions gentlemen, I did as you told. Still not working... Have I missed something somewhere???
Forum Post Assistant (v1.6.1) : 21-Nov-2020 wrote:
Last PHP Error(s) Reported :: wrote:[20-Nov-2020 12:32:04 UTC] PHP Warning: File Upload Mime headers garbled in Unknown on line 0
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 3.8.7-Stable (Amani) 18-April-2018
Joomla! Platform :: Joomla Platform 13.1.0-Stable (Curiosity) 24-Apr-2013
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Writable (644) |
Configuration Options :: Offline: false | SEF: true | SEF Suffix: false | SEF ReWrite: true | .htaccess/web.config: Yes | GZip: false | Cache: false | CacheTime: 15 | CacheHandler: file | CachePlatformPrefix: false | FTP Layer: false | Proxy: false | LiveSite: | Session lifetime: 45 | Session handler: none | Shared sessions: false | SSL: 0 | Error Reporting: none | Site Debug: false | Language Debug: false | Default Access: 1 | Unicode Slugs: true | dbConnection Type: mysqli | PHP Supports J! 3.8.7: Yes | Database Supports J! 3.8.7: Yes | Database Credentials Present: Yes |

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 2.6.32-754.18.2.el6.x86_64 | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache | Encoding: gzip, deflate, br | System TMP Writable: Yes | Free Disk Space : 1.27 GiB |

PHP Configuration :: Version: 7.2.34 | PHP API: cgi-fcgi | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: | Error Reporting: 32759 | Log Errors To: error_log | Last Known Error: 20th November 2020 12:32:04. | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Allow url fopen: 1 | Open Base: | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 30M | Max. POST Size: 35M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Max. Execution Time: 300 | Memory Limit: 128M

Database Configuration :: Version: 5.7.32 (Client:mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 3591daad22de08524295e1bd073aceeff11e6579 $) | Database Size: 168.34 MiB | #of Tables with config prefix:  142 | #of other Tables:  0 | User Privileges : GRANT ALL
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (7.2.34) | date (7.2.34) | libxml (7.2.34) | openssl (7.2.34) | pcre (7.2.34) | zlib (7.2.34) | filter (7.2.34) | hash (1.0) | pcntl (7.2.34) | readline (7.2.34) | Reflection (7.2.34) | SPL (7.2.34) | session (7.2.34) | standard (7.2.34) | cgi-fcgi () | bcmath (7.2.34) | bz2 (7.2.34) | calendar (7.2.34) | ctype (7.2.34) | curl (7.2.34) | dba (7.2.34) | dom (20031129) | enchant (7.2.34) | mbstring (7.2.34) | fileinfo (1.0.5) | ftp (7.2.34) | gd (7.2.34) | gettext (7.2.34) | gmp (7.2.34) | iconv (7.2.34) | imap (7.2.34) | intl (1.1.0) | json (1.6.0) | ldap (7.2.34) | exif (7.2.34) | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 3591daad22de08524295e1bd073aceeff11e6579 $) | odbc (7.2.34) | PDO (7.2.34) | pgsql (7.2.34) | Phar (2.0.2) | posix (7.2.34) | pspell (7.2.34) | shmop (7.2.34) | SimpleXML (7.2.34) | snmp (0.1) | soap (7.2.34) | sockets (7.2.34) | sqlite3 (7.2.34) | sysvmsg (7.2.34) | sysvsem (7.2.34) | sysvshm (7.2.34) | tidy (7.2.34) | tokenizer (7.2.34) | xml (7.2.34) | xmlwriter (7.2.34) | xsl (7.2.34) | zip (1.15.4) | mysqli (7.2.34) | pdo_mysql (7.2.34) | PDO_ODBC (7.2.34) | pdo_pgsql (7.2.34) | pdo_sqlite (7.2.34) | wddx (7.2.34) | xmlreader (7.2.34) | xmlrpc (7.2.34) | Zend Engine (3.2.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions ::

Switch User Environment :: PHP CGI: Yes | Server SU: Yes | PHP SU: Yes | Potential Ownership Issues: No
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: images/ (755) | components/ (755) | modules/ (755) | plugins/ (755) | language/ (755) | templates/ (755) | cache/ (755) | logs/ (---) | tmp/ (755) | administrator/components/ (755) | administrator/modules/ (755) | administrator/language/ (755) | administrator/templates/ (755) | administrator/logs/ (755) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Database Information :: wrote:Database statistics :: Uptime: 432293 | Threads: 1 | Questions: 11611838 | Slow queries: 0 | Opens: 123064 | Flush tables: 1 | Open tables: 2000 | Queries per second avg: 26.861 |
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Components :: Site ::
Core :: com_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 | com_mailto (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: WF_FILESYSTEM_JOOMLA_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_POPUPS_JCEMEDIABOX_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_LINKS_JOOMLALINKS_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_LINK_SEARCH_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_VIDEO_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_AUDIO_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_VIMEO_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_[youtube]_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_AGGREGATOR_DAILYMOTION_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_MEDIA_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_TABLE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_SOURCE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_LAYER_TITLE (2.8.3) ? | WF_PRINT_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_SEARCHREPLACE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_LISTS_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_EMOTIONS_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_FULLSCREEN_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_ANCHOR_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_XHTMLXTRAS_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_VISUALCHARS_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_LINK_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_DIRECTIONALITY_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_VISUALBLOCKS_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_STYLE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_CLIPBOARD_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_FONTSELECT_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_WORDCOUNT_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_CHARMAP_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_FONTSIZESELECT_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_PREVIEW_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_STYLESELECT_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_AUTOSAVE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_HR_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_KITCHENSINK_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_REFERENCE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_NONBREAKING_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_ATTRIBUTES_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_SPELLCHECKER_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_ARTICLE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_HELP_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_TEXTCASE_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_CONTEXTMENU_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_CLEANUP_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_IMGMANAGER_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_FONTCOLOR_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | JCE - Noneditable (1.0.0) ? | WF_BROWSER_TITLE (2.9.1) ? | WF_FORMATSELECT_TITLE (2.9.1) ? |

Components :: Admin ::
Core :: com_installer (3.0.0) 1 | com_templates (3.0.0) 1 | com_messages (3.0.0) 1 | com_postinstall (3.2.0) 1 | com_checkin (3.0.0) 1 | com_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 | com_ajax (3.2.0) 1 | com_plugins (3.0.0) 1 | com_content (3.0.0) 1 | com_menus (3.0.0) 1 | com_search (3.0.0) 1 | com_finder (3.0.0) 0 | com_cpanel (3.0.0) 1 | com_contenthistory (3.2.0) 1 | com_redirect (3.0.0) 1 | com_tags (3.1.0) 1 | com_media (3.0.0) 1 | com_banners (3.0.0) 0 | com_categories (3.0.0) 1 | com_associations (3.7.0) 0 | com_config (3.0.0) 1 | com_users (3.0.0) 1 | com_fields (3.7.0) 1 | com_login (3.0.0) 1 | com_languages (3.0.0) 1 | com_cache (3.0.0) 1 | com_joomlaupdate (3.6.2) 1 | com_admin (3.0.0) 1 | com_modules (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: com_gantry5 (5.4.36) 1 | com_layer_slider (6.6.0) 0 | Creative Gallery (2.1.0) 1 | offlajn_installer (1.0) 1 | COM_CREATIVEIMAGESLIDERPRO (1.0.0) 1 | Akeeba (7.1.4) 1 | COM_JCE (2.9.1) 1 | COM_YENDIFVIDEOSHARE (1.2.8) 1 | COM_CREATIVECONTACTFORM (4.5.0) 1 | Universal AJAX Live Search (5.4.3) 1 | Offlajn Joomla 3.0 compatibility (1.0) 1 | System - Offlajn Params (1.1.0) 1 | System - Offlajn Params (1.1.0) 1 | AJAX Live Search results (1.0.0) 1 | Admintools (5.6.0) 1 |

Modules :: Site ::
Core :: mod_banners (3.0.0) 1 | mod_languages (3.5.0) 1 | mod_footer (3.0.0) 1 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_category (3.0.0) 1 | mod_users_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_search (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_tags_popular (3.1.0) 1 | mod_tags_similar (3.1.0) 1 | mod_related_items (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_categories (3.0.0) 1 | mod_wrapper (3.0.0) 1 | mod_breadcrumbs (3.0.0) 1 | mod_finder (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_whosonline (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_syndicate (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_archive (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_articles_news (3.0.0) 1 | mod_random_image (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: Perfect Everything in Everyway PRO (2.0.13) 0 | mod_breadcrumbs_adv (3.2) 0 | Universal AJAX Live Search (5.4.3) 1 | Creative Slider (6.6.053) 1 | sigplus (1.4.3.1) 1 | Vertical Menu (3.1.153) 1 | MOD_CREATIVEGALLERY_NAME (2.1.0) 1 | MOD_CREATIVECONTACTFORM_NAME (4.5.0) 1 | Yendif Video Share - Playlist (1.2.8) 1 | mod_gantry5_particle (5.4.36) 1 | AJAX Live Search results (1.0.0) 1 | Creative Image Slider PRO (1.0.0) 1 | Fancy TagCloud (1.021) 0 | Yendif Video Share - Videos (1.2.8) 1 | Yendif Video Share - Categories (1.2.8) 1 | Yendif Video Share - Player (1.2.8) 1 | Yendif Video Share - Search (1.2.8) 1 | mod_krizalys_breadcrumbs (1.2.1) 0 |

Modules :: Admin ::
Core :: mod_logged (3.0.0) 1 | mod_status (3.0.0) 1 | mod_sampledata (3.8.0) 0 | mod_menu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_submenu (3.0.0) 1 | mod_popular (3.0.0) 1 | mod_latest (3.0.0) 1 | mod_login (3.0.0) 1 | mod_version (3.0.0) 1 | mod_stats_admin (3.0.0) 1 | mod_title (3.0.0) 1 | mod_custom (3.0.0) 1 | mod_feed (3.0.0) 1 | mod_multilangstatus (3.0.0) 1 | mod_toolbar (3.0.0) 1 | mod_quickicon (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party::

Libraries ::
Core ::
3rd Party:: file_fof30 (3.5.4) ? |

Plugins ::
Core :: plg_content_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_fields (3.7.0) 0 | plg_content_vote (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_emailcloak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_pagebreak (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_loadmodule (3.0.0) 1 | plg_content_finder (3.0.0) 0 | plg_content_pagenavigation (3.0.0) 1 | plg_fields_media (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_color (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_text (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_textarea (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_sql (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_user (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_editor (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_checkboxes (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_usergrouplist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_url (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_integer (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_imagelist (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_calendar (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_list (3.7.0) 1 | plg_fields_radio (3.7.0) 1 | plg_twofactorauth_totp (3.2.0) 1 | plg_twofactorauth_yubikey (3.2.0) 0 | plg_system_debug (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_languagefilter (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_redirect (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_fields (3.7.0) 1 | plg_system_cache (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_logout (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_updatenotification (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_languagecode (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_sessiongc (3.8.6) 0 | plg_system_highlight (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_sef (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_remember (3.0.0) 1 | plg_system_stats (3.5.0) 1 | plg_system_p3p (3.0.0) 0 | plg_system_log (3.0.0) 1 | plg_extension_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_captcha_recaptcha (3.4.0) 0 | plg_quickicon_phpversioncheck (3.7.0) 1 | plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate (3.0.0) 0 | plg_quickicon_extensionupdate (3.0.0) 0 | PLG_INSTALLER_FOLDERINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | PLG_INSTALLER_URLINSTALLER (3.6.0) 1 | plg_installer_packageinstaller (3.6.0) 1 | plg_search_categories (3.0.0) 0 | plg_search_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_search_tags (3.0.0) 0 | plg_search_contacts (3.0.0) 0 | plg_search_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_contactcreator (3.0.0) 0 | plg_user_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_user_profile (3.0.0) 0 | plg_editors-xtd_fields (3.7.0) 0 | plg_editors-xtd_module (3.5.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_readmore (3.0.0) 0 | plg_editors-xtd_pagebreak (3.0.0) 0 | plg_editors-xtd_article (3.0.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_menu (3.7.0) 1 | plg_editors-xtd_image (3.0.0) 0 | plg_authentication_joomla (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_gmail (3.0.0) 0 | plg_authentication_cookie (3.0.0) 1 | plg_authentication_ldap (3.0.0) 0 | plg_finder_categories (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_content (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_tags (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_contacts (3.0.0) 1 | plg_finder_newsfeeds (3.0.0) 1 |
3rd Party:: Perfect [youtube] Video in Everyway (2.0.3) 0 | Perfect [youtube] Gallery in Everyway (2.0.4) 0 | Content - Perfect Everything in Eve (2.0.0) ? | plg_content_jce (2.9.1) 1 | Content - Creative Slider (6.6.0) 1 | Yendif Video Share - Player (1.2.8) 1 | Content - Image gallery - sigplus (1.4.3.1) 1 | plg_fields_mediajce (2.9.1) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_ADMINTOOLS (5.6.0) 1 | System Vertical Menu (1.0) 1 | Offlajn Joomla 3.0 compatibility (1.0) 1 | Offlajn Dojo Loader (1.0) 1 | System - Offlajn Params (1.2.0) 1 | System - Offlajn Params (1.2.1) 1 | plg_system_jce (2.9.1) 1 | Creative Contact Form (4.5.0) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_AKEEBAUPDATECHECK (7.1.4) 1 | Creative Gallery (2.1.0) 1 | plg_system_gantry5 (5.4.36) 1 | Creative Image Slider PRO (1.0.0) 1 | PLG_SYSTEM_BACKUPONUPDATE (7.1.4) 0 | plg_extension_jce (2.9.1) 1 | plg_quickicon_jce (2.9.1) 1 | plg_quickicon_akeebabackup (7.1.4) 1 | plg_quickicon_gantry5 (5.4.36) 1 | plg_installer_jce (2.9.1) 1 | Yendif Video Share - Search (1.2.8) 1 | Button - Creative Slider (6.6.0) 1 | Button - Perfect Everything in Ever (2.0.0) ? | PLG_ACTIONLOG_ADMINTOOLS (1.0) 0 | PLG_ACTIONLOG_AKEEBABACKUP (7.1.4) 0 | plg_gantry5_preset (5.4.36) 0 | plg_editors_jce (2.9.1) 1 | plg_editors_codemirror (5.35.0) 1 | plg_editors_tinymce (4.5.8) 1 |
Templates Discovered :: wrote:Templates :: Site :: rt_protean (1.0.0) 1 | beez3 (3.1.0) 0 | shaolin-temple (1.0.5) 1 | protostar (1.0) 0 |
Templates :: Admin :: hathor (3.0.0) 0 | isis (1.0) 1 |
Last edited by toivo on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: disabled smilies in post Options for readability

russbo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:11 am

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by russbo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:45 am

Could I be missing something in my .htaccess file (do I need something about allowing "restore.php"?:


##
# @package Joomla
# @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2020 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
# @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
##

##
# READ THIS COMPLETELY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FILE!
#
# The line 'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems with some server configurations.
# It is required for the use of Apache mod_rewrite, but it may have already been set by
# your server administrator in a way that disallows changing it in this .htaccess file.
# If using it causes your site to produce an error, comment it out (add # to the
# beginning of the line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef urls. If
# they work, then it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need to
# set it here.
##

## No directory listings
<IfModule mod_autoindex.c>
IndexIgnore *
</IfModule>

## Suppress mime type detection in browsers for unknown types
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header always set X-Content-Type-Options "nosniff"
</IfModule>

## Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above.
Options +FollowSymlinks
Options -Indexes

## Disable inline JavaScript when directly opening SVG files or embedding them with the object-tag
<FilesMatch "\.svg$">
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header always set Content-Security-Policy "script-src 'none'"
</IfModule>
</FilesMatch>

## Mod_rewrite in use.

RewriteEngine On

## Begin - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits.
# If you experience problems on your site then comment out the operations listed
# below by adding a # to the beginning of the line.
# This attempts to block the most common type of exploit `attempts` on Joomla!
#
# Block any script trying to base64_encode data within the URL.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} base64_encode[^(]*\([^)]*\) [OR]
# Block any script that includes a <script> tag in URL.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (<|%3C)([^s]*s)+cript.*(>|%3E) [NC,OR]
# Block any script trying to set a PHP GLOBALS variable via URL.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) [OR]
# Block any script trying to modify a _REQUEST variable via URL.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2})
# Return 403 Forbidden header and show the content of the root home page
RewriteRule .* index.php [F]
#
## End - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits.

## Begin - Custom redirects
#
# If you need to redirect some pages, or set a canonical non-www to
# www redirect (or vice versa), place that code here. Ensure those
# redirects use the correct RewriteRule syntax and the [R=301,L] flags.
#
## End - Custom redirects

##
# Uncomment the following line if your webserver's URL
# is not directly related to physical file paths.
# Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root).
##

# RewriteBase /

## Begin - Joomla! core SEF Section.
#
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
#
# If the requested path and file is not /index.php and the request
# has not already been internally rewritten to the index.php script
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php
# and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical file
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
# and the requested path and file doesn't directly match a physical folder
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
# internally rewrite the request to the index.php script
RewriteRule .* index.php [L]
#
## End - Joomla! core SEF Section.

User avatar
AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion
Posts: 6364
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:35 am
Location: Australia

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by AMurray » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:28 pm

Are the templates (as listed in FPA) compatible with 3.9.22? rt_protean (1.0.0) and shaolin-temple (1.0.5) (not sure what that is....)?

rt_protean has a v3.1 release; perhaps try to update this template; Otherwise switch to protostar and/or uninstall the specific template temporarily and reinstall it later.

Extensions (third party) may be out of date - update these where possible.

Two out of date examples: Universal Live Search: FPA lists v 5.4.3 - JED has 5.4.7; Creative Contact form: FPA lists v4.5.0, JED has 4.6.2.

Finally if there's non-critical 3P extensions you can uninstall then do so, and reinstall them after the update of Joomla.

Make sure you take a backup of site before any of the above changes, and also before doing any further attempts at updates of the core. Also can you try the upload & update method (download the joomla package, and upload through the Joomla update component).
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc....Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar
Posts: 9988
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia

Joomla 3.8.7: Joomla! Update missing in the components list

Post by sozzled » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:09 pm

russbo wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:44 am
Sorry to bring this up, but I've been through all the threads, and I can't seem to get around this error, trying to update Joomla 3.8.7 to latest. Using the link that the site sent to me, as I don't seem to have a Joomla! Update in the components list.

I also don't seem to find Joomla! Update in my components list anymore.
Let's focus on that.

Yes, I agree with other suggestions about updating outdated extensions (or uninstalling them) especially if they're incompatible with PHP 7.2 and tailoring the PHP environment settings for Max. POST Size and Max. Upload Size (which affect the ability to use the Joomla! Update component). These suggestions are not helpful if you cannot "seem to find Joomla! Update" in the Components menu "anymore".

I'm sure you've "been through all the threads" but, if you have been using J! 3.8.7 (released 3½ years ago), you may not have seen the many threads that addressed the problem of missing components in the backend. In fact, this "missing components" problem has been kicking around for a much longer time.

I'm a little surprised that you haven't noticed that the Joomla! Update item was missing from the Components menu especially since you have, for the past 3½ years or so, been seeing a "link that the site sent to me" notifying you of the availability of new updates for your J! website. I think there's another problem there: people who don't read their emails.

So let's fix the problem of the missing component, shall we? While these "missing components" issues (that have been discussed before in several places around the forum) appear to have "no known cause", these things happen. These problems can be fixed as we've seen discussed in the following places:
The fix is relatively easy. It requires using phpMyAdmin to modify the corrupted entry/entries in the _menu table.

After doing that—fixing the missing component(s) and updating to J! 3.9.22—we may then attend to the "AJAX loading error" problem. OK?
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

russbo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:11 am

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by russbo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:13 am

I knew the Joomla update component was missing, but finding the time to deal with this web site has been difficult given a few international moves, family and a medical practice, especially with this pandemic wreaking havoc. I just recently found the time to play with it. I wasn't getting emails from the site before, as there was a permissions problem with the superuser, and once I found and fixed that, I started getting the update emails, which then lead me to the Ajax error problem.

I've updated to PHP 7.4, set all the parameters as suggested, have the upload temp directory set in the php.ini files, cannot set it in WHM in the multi php editor section as it is not an option, and I still get the "PHP temporary upload folder doesn't exist" error in the Joomla Update component. If I upload an update, the file does upload to the tmp folder successfully, but, then when trying to install, I get the Ajax error again.

Tech support for my server could not successfully get PHP to recognize an upload directory for some reason, despite the fact that it is declared in the two php.ini files (one in root, one in public html). Joomla system PHP info says that the upload directory doesn't exist. Strange, I can't figure it out.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as usual.

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar
Posts: 9988
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:15 am

Suggestions? Change one thing at a time. Now that you've updated to PHP 7.4 you have introduced a whole new server environment. Why did you do that?

Fix the missing Joomla! Update item on the backend. That's number one. It should be a five-minute job.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

User avatar
toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 13137
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:48 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by toivo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:15 am

russbo wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:13 am
I've updated to PHP 7.4
That may have been premature because both PHP 7.3 and PHP 7.4, released two years and 12 months ago respectively, deprecated a number of PHP features, which concern older versions of Joomla like yours.

Suggest that PHP is first downgraded back to version 7.2. Then change the level of error reporting in the back end to 'Maximum' and configure the plugin System - Debug so that all PHP notices and error messages are displayed and logged into the PHP error log. Post the relevant lines from the log here for advice.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

russbo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:11 am

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by russbo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:42 pm

I did fix the missing Joomla Update on the back end. The PHPMYADMIN fix was easy. However, as I mentioned, when I go to Joomla Update component, "Upload and update", there is an error listed "The PHP temporary folder is not set" despite the fact that it is set in two separate php.ini files (one in root, one in public_html), and it was also set, unsuccessfully for some reason, by my server's tech support people. (the issue was upgraded to other admin). Trying to set it in WHM via the "Multi PHP Editor" area, but there is no option for setting a temp directory, and attempts at putting it directly in the editor there don't seem to be successful. Joomla Server Information area shows no php temporary folder. We're a little baffled by that, and it's being looked at.

Using the Joomla Update component, I can upload an update package, it does end up in the defined TMP folder (even though Joomla System Information can't find it), but when trying to install that update, I get the AJAX error as I do when trying to update via Joomla Update writing files directly from Joomla.

My backend admin area tells me to upgrade PHP to something above 7.2 "Warning
Your PHP version, 7.2.34, is only receiving security fixes at this time from the PHP project. This means your PHP version will soon no longer be supported. We recommend planning to upgrade to a newer PHP version before it reaches end of support on 2020-08-30. Joomla will be faster and more secure if you upgrade to a newer PHP version (PHP 7.x is recommended). Please contact your host for upgrade instructions." So I upgraded. For purposes of getting this update stuff fixed, as per your suggestion, I have put it back to PHP 7.2

Debug is set up, but there is a lot of information in the bottom of the Joomla Update component page when I try to update. Is there a briefer log that I can copy for you?

In the main "error_log" in the public_html space, I'm getting a lot of these errors:

[22-Nov-2020 17:23:48 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/username/public_html/index.php on line 1

User avatar
toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 13137
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:48 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by toivo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:06 pm

russbo wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:42 pm
In the main "error_log" in the public_html space, I'm getting a lot of these errors:

[22-Nov-2020 17:23:48 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/username/public_html/index.php on line 1
The first line of the file index.php should have no curly braces. It should look like this:

Code: Select all

<?php
The website must have been hacked. This topic will be moved to the 3.x Security Forum, where the sticky topics include advice how to clean the site and follow best security practices.

You may want to engage a Joomla specialist to assist in sorting out the issues. There are also online audit services, for example Phil Taylor's https://mysites.guru (no affiliation), where the first audit is free. Phil also fixes hacked sites for a set fee.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar
Posts: 9988
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:36 pm

russbo wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:42 pm
I did fix the missing [Joomla! Update] menu item on the back end. The [phpMyAdmin] fix was easy.
Good. That's one problem solved

russbo wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:42 pm
PHP Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/username/public_html/index.php on line 1
That's message comes from the fact that you're using PHP 7.4. If you were using PHP 7.2 (as you were originally) you would not have this message. If you change the environment too much it makes it significantly more difficult to resolve all of your problems.

The curly braces message has nothing to do with the possibility that your website has been hacked. PHP 7.4 is more strict in the usage of curly braces for string/array offsets.

@forum moderators: please move this topic back to the Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x forum category. It has not been established that there is any likelihood of a security/hacking problem at this time.

russbo wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:42 pm
However, as I mentioned, when I go to Joomla! Update component, "Upload and update" ...
The next approach is to try to use the Joomla! Update component in the usual Live Update mode. Refer to the documentation https://docs.joomla.org/Help39:Components_Joomla_Update. What do you see when you go to the Joomla! Update feature (look at the Live Update tab)? Do you see any updates available (i.e. do you see "A Joomla Update was found"?

As I have said before, let's try one thing at a time, please.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

User avatar
toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 13137
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:48 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by toivo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:00 pm

PHP reports each Deprecated message for a reason. In this particular case PHP has found a curly brace from the first line of the file index.php. This means that the first line of the file has been altered, tampered with, which is enough proof of malicious activity.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar
Posts: 9988
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:11 pm

I'm sorry to disagree with you @toivo and it doesn't help the OP for us to have a panel discussion on this subject but I have plenty of experience with these "curly brace" errors originating with PHP 7.4. In my last post I referred to how PHP 7.4 has changed (from previous versions of PHP) and why the developers of PHP have instituted strict usage controls for software developers.

Sure, any errors in the file /public_html/index.php is odd. Given the interaction between the OP and their webhosting provider, we don't know if that file was created or changed by the OP or by their webhosting provider. By the same token, we don't know how many websites are managed by the OP under their account or the file system arrangements they have put in place. In any case, the OP states that there are a lot of errors in the log file (but mentions only one) and I'll bet many of these other errors are simply the result of using PHP 7.4 rather than as the result of hacked source code.

There are many instances in J! (in the CMS and in third-party extensions) pre-dating PHP 7 where software developers interchangeably used curly braces for string/array offsets instead of keeping to the standard usage of square brackets.

In this case there is no direct evidence of file tampering or malicious activity. Goodness only knows I've seen enough evidence of these curly braces problems to know something about the subject. While I have no objections to referring members of the J! community to use external services that perform security audits on people's websites, I think it's a wild goose chase and we should not be unnecessarily panicking at this time. Let's assume, for the time being, that the website has not been hacked and let's methodically progress the range of issues brought to our attention, one by one, instead of trying to resolve everything at once. :)
Last edited by sozzled on Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

User avatar
toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 13137
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:48 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by toivo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:17 pm

sozzled wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:11 pm
Goodness only knows I've seen enough evidence of these curly braces problems to know something about the subject.
That may be so but curly braces simply do not belong to the first line of the file index.php in Joomla.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

User avatar
sozzled
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar
Posts: 9988
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by sozzled » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Perhaps, when we've actually seen the first few lines of the file /public_html/index.php we would know more, eh? ;)

In my case, I do not even have a file named index.php in my /public_html folder.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

russbo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:11 am

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by russbo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:07 am

Issue solved.

The site was hacked, which I knew a while back, and had thought I had cleaned it out, but at that time I didn't see the code where they entered. It was a template for protean; the hack had fouled up the main index.php file (which when replaced, still did not get rid of the ajax error), but also, the hack caused htaccess files to be created in the first level directories throughout the site. These htaccess files prevented the site from updating itself.

Greatly appreciate everyone's input! You guys are the greatest. Learned a lot from you.

Stay well, stay safe.

User avatar
toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 13137
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:48 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Ajax loading error: not found. Here we go again...

Post by toivo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:11 am

Cheers. However, it would still be useful to audit the software using for example mysites.guru. If the index.php file was altered, some backdoors that would still allow malicious activity may be harder to identify.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator


Post Reply

Return to “Security in Joomla! 3.x”