This email looks identical to the standard Joomla Update everyone is used to receiving.
BUT the Update Link within the email is:
The email says 'It is sent automatically by your own site'
But in the Email Header is the website:
THIS IS NOT MY CLIENTS WEBSITE.
I have had a second IT look at the problem and he has told me it appears to be a php mail originating from the Joomla CMS. This problem appears to have originated from the Joomla software update and he has advised me to notify the Joomla Forum.
Within the past few hours I have started receiving security alerts that several critical files have been modified within the Joomla Template. I did a php scan with my Akeeba Admin Tools Pro, and 53 files seem to have been modified.
Please look into this matter and advise me,
thanks so much,