After a SPAM bot somehow added over one hundred posts (with no author), our front page now only declares "ttmaintt
No articles where specified."
The source code shows only
Code: Select all
<html><head></head><body><br>ttmaintt<br>#success connection#<br>No articles where specified.</body></html>
- updated to site to the newest version : 3.8.10 Stable
- removed all Akeeba bits as they were causing site bugs, notably making site updates fail
- also had to switch to tinyMCE text editor as JCE stopped working (I prefer tinyMCE anyway, but saying in case it gives you a clue about something.
- corrected a strangeness where the welcome article (front page) could be modified by Public (odd).
- all templates, when previewed, show the same ttmaintt... message
It seems the spam-hack broke something, but wouldn't the system update replace any broken files, etc.? Any clues ? I am posting in the Admin topic of this forum as I am looking for a bad or modified configuration or glitch, but any clue would be appreciated.