How can I build a database apps

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
kcmb2017
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How can I build a database apps

Postby kcmb2017 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Hello everyone is been a while i was out of the forum to complete my degree now am back, just a quick questions I know joomla has newer version , but i still prefer the Joomla 2.5 version, and i want to build a database application can anyone suggest how i can go about it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

wwhite
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: How can I build a database apps

Postby wwhite » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:24 am

You should use the latest version.
Please share with us what you mean by database app as there may already be an extention that does exactly what you want.
Joomla - K2
Funeral Director - Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day!
Saying - This old world keeps spinning round, it a wonder tall trees aint laying down https://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=c_W9aaQ1Apo

kcmb2017
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby kcmb2017 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:09 pm

@wwhite thanks for your response what I meant was i want to build an interactive web- application for baby sitters, where i can match the both parties base on certain criteria that a questionnaire filled by both parties suggestions will help or if there are another way. I will be grateful

Thanks

wwhite
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby wwhite » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:14 pm

You will need to talk to a developer. There may be a simple way to do it, but it sounds to me like a "Match" type logic where two different groups fill out profiles or forms and then some logic "matches" them together.
Basically it would extend the users profiles and then when a user belonging to the "Parent" category of users it would create a list of the "sitter" group who met your criteria and display them. Thats just a start
Joomla - K2
Saying - This old world keeps spinning round, it a wonder tall trees aint laying down https://www.[[youtube]].com/watch?v=c_W9aaQ1Apo

kcmb2017
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby kcmb2017 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:26 pm

@wwhite that is what I have in mind, you saying joomla cannot handle it

wwhite
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby wwhite » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:19 am

Not at all, only that you will need to be proficient with php/mysql and Joomla. There are many capable of doing it, and several different approaches that will give you the same result.
Joomla - K2
Saying - This old world keeps spinning round, it a wonder tall trees aint laying down https://www.[[[youtube]]].com/watch?v=c_W9aaQ1Apo

andy fev
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby andy fev » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:46 am

I suggest a listing component like RS Directory which has radius search and unlimited custom field system which will allow for all the matching criteria. The sitters would submit their data and the parents would search using the various filters. It also has a billing system which could charge is client side or both. There is also a rating and review function so parents can berate or laud a sitter.

kcmb2017
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby kcmb2017 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:29 pm

Hello @andy thanks for your response I do really appreciate your input, please can you throw more light on RS directory listing. and if you could suggest the component or the modules that will be required I will be very grateful

AMurray
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Postby AMurray » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:41 pm

Refer to the information here: https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/rsdirectory/

You can also find the Documentation, Support and Demo links on the JED listing (JED = Joomla Extensions Directory).
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

andy fev
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby andy fev » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:25 pm

kcmb2017 wrote:please can you throw more light on RS directory listing. and if you could suggest the component or the modules that will be required I will be very grateful
Once you get the component, all the supporting plugins and modules will be included. A demo is at http://directory.rsjoomla.com/ The admin demo is at http://demo.rsjoomla.com/administrator/ so you get to play with it until you are satisfied.

kcmb2017
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby kcmb2017 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi@andy fev thanks for the information, please do you know where I can get nice free joomla templates

andy fev
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby andy fev » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:35 pm

kcmb2017 wrote:please do you know where I can get nice free joomla templates
"nice" is relative to your preference, however all the template sites that support Joomla have free copies available, though they will not have all the fandangles included with their paid templates. Otherwise use any search engine to query "free joomla templates"

kcmb2017
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby kcmb2017 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Thanks @andy fev I have decided to go for rocketheme premium template they are nice

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”