Calendar as a menu

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
edform
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Calendar as a menu

Postby edform » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 am

I have been building a large set of pages organised by day and month - 365 pages in all, one for each day of the year and a menu to choose any of them - an initial dropdown with the twelve months and second-level dropdowns from each of those for the days. On a large screen a menu with sensible dwell time makes it easy to choose any day, but on a smartphone responsive menu systems typically turn this large structure into an enormous scrollable list which is a real no-no.

I want to generate a single page menu for this selection process which displays a mini-calendar where navigating to the right month and selecting a day to click opens the correct page from the set of 365.

Any suggestions for how this might be done? I've searched pretty exhaustively for 'Calendar as a menu in Joomla' but I haven't found a solution.

Help would be much appreciated.

Ed Form

edform
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Calendar as a menu

Postby edform » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:23 pm

I have given up on this idea and gone about the thing another way. The first level menu now has 12 headings: January, February, March etc. Each of those calls a single page with a table of days numbered 1, 2,3, 4 etc and each day number is clickable to call the corresponding page.

Why didn't I think of this first?

Ed Form

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”