Subscribe to a category blog

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Subscribe to a category blog

Postby Lowrider614 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:49 pm

i'm looking for an extension or plugin, that allows users to subsribe to a category blog. The effect should be, that the user receives an e-mail on new posts.
This seems to be a little thing but it turns out to be a tough nut.

I posted the same question in the German forum, but I'm closing the topic there. Here it will help more people who might have the same problem.
Additionally, there has been another thread on this issue, but no solution has been presented (in the German Forum as well).

What I found so far is a solution using RSS Feeds and Feedburner but the limitations arising from Feedburner make the solution not suitable for me. ... la-website

Is there anyone who solved this issue? One solution would be to use a Wordpress extension, but this is really not what I want.

Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Subscribe to a category blog

Postby fietsjunks » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi, I am looking for something similar. Do you have a solution yet?

Thanks, Ellen

Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby phamtungpth » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:57 am

As my experience, using RSS feeds is the most suitable way for what you need. And 1 suggestion for you: using obRSS, you could create feeds flexibly for your categories.

Cheer up!

Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Postby wwhite » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:26 am

Last edited by imanickam on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: As per the forum rules, changed the URL of the extension from the Developer's URL to JED URL. Kindly bear this in mind when providing the URL of an extension.
Joomla - K2
Funeral Director - Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day!
Saying - This old world keeps spinning round, it a wonder tall trees aint laying down https://www.[youtube].com/watch?v=c_W9aaQ1Apo

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”