current forums for joomla, comparison table

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: current forums for joomla, comparison table

Post by sozzled » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:03 am

mandville wrote:As for now asking for [@Sozzled's] top 10 reasons make you sound like you're gathering [data] for a blog post ...
Hmmm ... interesting idea! ;) :laugh:

Joomletto
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Joomletto » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:26 am

A lot of words but no one strenght of Kunena on phpBB. :(

Came on sozzled, I understand you are an expert in this field, you can't leave Kunena without a strenght on phpBB. :'(

I'm sure you will find some of theme. ;)

Joomletto
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Joomletto » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:00 am

Sozzled, here is a little help for a possible comparison table.

In the meantime I found a great weakness of Kunena, their forum is no longer usable for ordinary users, those who may complain about some bugs, after logging in can no longer read and write in any thread. :eek:

It's been happening to me for over two weeks, that is, since I joined, and I'm not the only one, take a look at this thread.

Then look at the shameful answers they give publicly knowing that the problem is in their forum. >:(

With phpBB I do not remember anything like this happened in many years.

toivo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by toivo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:15 am

joomletto wrote: a great weakness of Kunena, their forum is no longer usable for ordinary users, those who may complain about some bugs, after logging in can no longer read and write in any thread.
If you had read the thread viewtopic.php?f=715&t=961184 to the end, you would have seen that the issue has already been resolved. It had probably nothing to do with the Kunena software itself.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator
my first programs were assembled and run in 16KB :)
troubleshooting smtp and other articles https://talikka.com/joomla

Joomletto
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Joomletto » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:29 am

Hi toivo, I'm sorry but your statement is wrong, check better.

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by sozzled » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:53 am

I have nothing to add to this topic.

I'm not really in reports of problems with the Kunena website: it's not my website; it's not my project; I have no involvement with it. Furthermore, last three messages are off-topic to this discussion.

@Joomletto: if you have an issue with the Kunena team then I suggest that you take your issues to the Kunena team. It is an inappropriate use of this Joomla forum to characterise the Kunena developers or to attempt to publicly shame them. If that's your only purpose then I think this discussion topic should be locked.

toivo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by toivo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:58 am

Check better? I reproduced the garbled topics at kunena.org, tried unsuccessfully to duplicate the same issue on the latest version of Kunena in two different server environments, then reported it at the Kunena forum and now the problem has been fixed, as far as I can see.

More than likely the issue was fixed by some change in the CDN that kunena.org is using, rather than any of my actions in different browsers.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator
my first programs were assembled and run in 16KB :)
troubleshooting smtp and other articles https://talikka.com/joomla

Joomletto
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Joomletto » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:40 am

sozzled wrote:I'm not really in reports of problems with the Kunena website: it's not my website; it's not my project; I have no involvement with it.
Sozzled, if I don't remember wrong you wrot more then 20.000 post on the kunena.org forum, then I can suppose you know very well what is happening there. Just suppose. ;)

Sozzled, you have to know I appreciated all your post I read. I really hoped you will be able to find out some strenghts of Kunena compared to phpBB.
Is it not possible now? Ok, we will see in the future.

Good luky to Kunena ;)

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by sozzled » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:00 am

Joomletto wrote:Could someone tell me if exist an updated comparison table between Kunena and phpBB?
This question assumes that a comparison "table" exists.

I searched Google and I cannot find such a table. I asked earlier if someone could show us where a comparison table exists. No-one has responded with that information and, therefore, I think we can conclude that the answer to the original question is "No, there does not exist a comparison table between Kunena and phpBB."

That's the only possible answer we can give. If it's important to @Joomletto to have a "comparison table between Kunena and phpBB" then perhaps the OP can construct one.

Joomletto
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Joomletto » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:19 am

Hi sozzled, now we know there are not tables comparison for phpBB and Kunena.

It could be a good opportunity for you to do it! ;)

Not only for me, off course, but for everybody can be interested to have a nice forum integrated in Joomla!

The integration with Joomla! will be the first plus for Joomla's users, but it can't be the only one, Kunena must have similar or better performance of the other forums like phpBB. And it must work!

How many people around the world can do this fine work? Few, and you could be one of theme.

Come on sozzled, this is your task. ;)
Last edited by Joomletto on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by sozzled » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:24 am

Joomletto wrote:Hi sozzled, now we know there are not tables comparison for phpBB and Kunena.
You have answered your own question. Thank you.
Joomletto wrote:Come on sozzled, this is your task. ;)
Says who? And, supposing that I were to undertake this thankless task, I am not going to use the Joomla forum to promote this kind of work: that's against the forum rules!

The only thing this discussion is doing is to increase our post count. The rest of the discussion is a waste of everyone's time.

@moderators: please lock this topic; the question has been answered by the OP.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”