Captcha-Recaptcha Form - Asscessibility Error

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Cpointcc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Captcha-Recaptcha Form - Asscessibility Error

Postby Cpointcc » Tue May 15, 2018 5:50 pm

I am working on accessibility on several sites that are using the default Joomla Captcha - Recaptcha. The flag I am getting is this:

captcha-recaptcha-ada-error-missing--form-label.jpg

How can we get this addressed so it will work seamlessly without error?

Thanks for any help on this issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Captcha-Recaptcha Form - Asscessibility Error

Postby mandville » Tue May 15, 2018 7:42 pm

not heard about

reCAPTCHA v3 allows you to verify if an interaction is legitimate without any user interaction. It is a purely JavaScript API returns a score giving the you the ability to take action in the context of your site: for instance requiring additional factors of authentication, sending a post to moderation, or throttling bots that may be scraping content.

The second option 'Invisible reCAPTCHA' does not require the user to click on a checkbox, instead it is invoked directly when the user clicks on an existing button on your site or can be invoked via a JavaScript API call. The integration requires a JavaScript callback when reCAPTCHA verification is complete. By default only the most suspicious traffic will be prompted to solve a captcha. To alter this behavior edit your site security preference under advanced settings
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby sozzled » Tue May 15, 2018 9:07 pm

I think I understand the problem: it's a matter that relates to WCAG compliance. WCAG requires that, where there's a LABEL that has a FORM, the form must be associated with the label. If the HTML doesn't construct the form control to be associated with the label then pages that display the information will not comply with WCAG.

WCAG is a vexed question (as far as Joomla is concerned) that's been around for a long time. Even from a site management aspect, the Isis admin template is not WCAG-compliant. Hathor met some of the needs for people with visual impairment (but Hathor hasn't been maintained for a long time) and Isis requires a real effort for people who are visually impaired.

If this is important—from a WCAG compliance perspective—then it might be worth the effort to create an issue at GitHub and see what is the response from the developers.

Providing some relief for visually impaired users is difficult: fixing the HTML so that the form control associates properly with the label might require people to think outside the square—create a template override—to address the matter in the meantime. I can't help with all of that, sorry.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

Cpointcc
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby Cpointcc » Wed May 16, 2018 1:06 pm

So you are saying that this is not the platform for the developers to inquire - I should use GitHub?

Thanks for your feedback.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”