Is Linky Map incompatible with Advanced Module Manager? Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
regexaurus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Is Linky Map incompatible with Advanced Module Manager?

Post by regexaurus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 pm

On a site with:

Joomla! 3.9.4
Linky Map 2.3.7 (by JoomUnited)

If I install Advanced Module Manager, free edition (by Regular Labs), several Linky Map modules appear on all site pages. If I disable all Advanced Module Manager extensions and refresh pages on the front end, the Linky Map modules no longer appear. Maybe a long shot someone else is using (or trying to) both these extensions, but thought I would ask. The site uses a RocketTheme template with the Gantry framework. I noticed (based on some forum posts) that Gantry and/or other RocketTheme extensions seem to not always work well together, at least in the past.
Any recommendations for troubleshooting/resolution (besides simply disabling/removing extensions)?

Thank you!

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Is Linky Map incompatible with Advanced Module Manager?

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:20 pm

Did you set which pages the modules are going to show on after you installed Advanced Module Manager?

regexaurus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by regexaurus » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:38 pm

Hi Per,

Thanks for your response. I didn't specifically set pages/items where the Linkymap modules should appear, after installing Advanced Module Manager. However, I confirmed that our Linkymap modules are (were already) configured to appear only on selected items (e.g. K2 items) or none (should not appear on any item/page).

So the native module manager respects these assignments for Linkymap modules; it seems Advanced Module Manager doesn't.

Seems like I might be missing something painfully obvious (perhaps at least it would be if/when something were presented to or occurred to me ;)).

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:08 pm

I would suspect the template. Have you tested with Protostar?

regexaurus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by regexaurus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:57 pm

As it turned out, the Linky Map modules that were appearing unexpectedly were in a published state and Menu Assignment > Module Assignment was set to No pages (in the native module manager).
After installing Advanced Module Manager, these modules were configured for Assignments > Menu Items > Ignore. At that point, the only criteria considered (to determine whether a module should be displayed) was the Date & Time (start/finish publishing) block, so the modules were displayed.
To resolve, I changed the affected modules' configuration to Assignments > Menu Items > Include.

Since no menu item assignments are selected for these modules, they no longer unexpectedly appeared on all pages.
I probably could have simply unpublished the affected modules, but wasn't sure whether we're displaying/using them in some other way...

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:39 am

Un-publishing a module only disables the instance in that position. It does not disable the module type in general.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”