How do I get straight into the extension after logging into the administration? Quantum Manager - maximized window

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
MarieHubackova
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How do I get straight into the extension after logging into the administration? Quantum Manager - maximized window

Post by MarieHubackova » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:03 pm

Hi, I'm talking about - Quantum Manager extension. I open this extension, I maximize the window when I want to send another user a link of this format so that he can start working directly in the extension:
www.my-domain.com/administrator/index.p ... =component

A problem occurs. Another user opens a window to log in to Joomla administration. It's alright. However, when a user logs in, the administration home page opens, ie - "control panel" with the information of the last logged in user and so on ... Are there any ways to access Quantum Manager directly after logging in? I need Window to be maximized or new Window, without Joomla menu Is there any way how to do it?

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: How do I get straight into the extension after logging into the administration? Quantum Manager - maximized window

Post by AMurray » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:26 pm

I don't know you'll get it exactly as you describe, but close. You can alter the user permissions so he will only see what you need him to see through the Access Control LIst (ACL).

These days most things in the Admin back-end are controllable - you can hide or see the various modules depending on the user's level just as in the front-end.

So I think what you probably need to do is set up a custom "Administrator" level access and then "deny" everything except the Quantum Manager extension(s).

Starting with a copy of "Administrator" - place it under the "Administrator" parent group.

It would be like a watered-down "Administrator" access I think.

Not too much of an expert on ACL, but if you look up the documentation that should help. https://docs.joomla.org/Access_Control_List and https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Access_Con ... t_Tutorial

I don't know about opening windows maximised - in my experience they do that anyway. Not sure you can get rid of the Admin menu completely since it will still be needed (I assume) to navigate around the one component, Quantum Manager.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: How do I get straight into the extension after logging into the administration? Quantum Manager - maximized window

Post by SharkyKZ » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:17 pm

There's some code in com_login that causes redirect to index.php when URL contains tmpl=component. Some options would be:

1) Don't use tmpl=component.

2) Create a custom template file that mimics component.php and use that in URL instead (e.g. tmpl=custom).

3) Create a plugin that mimics com_login controller but performs the redirect normally.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”