Advert Serving

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
dblevins
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Advert Serving

Post by dblevins » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:31 am

I am new to Joomla having used wordpress for the past couple of years. I am trying to find a advert management system that will allow me to serve my adverts in a slightly unorthodox fashion....let me explain.

I have a considerable number of advertisers, (over 150). I cannot simply allocate the best pages and positions of my websiteto the highest payer, as the most popular pages can change ulmost on a daily basis. Therefore I set up a system whereby any advert could appear in any position, but weighted them so that the higest paid appeared most often.

With wordpress I used a plug in called adinserter. This allowed me to create code (carousels of adverts). I created about 60 of them. Then the plug in would select a codes at random and place the code in the posts (Articles) and place them in the three positions I had created in each post.

In that way 3 adverts were shown on each page displayed, rotating the adverts on those particular carousel.

I was therefore able to display any advert in any of the allocated positions, and place the higher payers on more carousels and/or set the code to display them for longer periods of time.

Can anyone help me find a way to emulate this system or something similar with Joomla

Looking forward to suggestions, thanks in advance
Last edited by toivo on Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x General Questions

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”