Can't find module for K2 items

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
oceanswims
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Can't find module for K2 items

Post by oceanswims » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:07 am

Hi all
I want to change content in the main body of my home page. At the moment, the main body of the page consists of articles in the category What's New, and marked Featured. The box/module displays the 10 most recent such articles. However, I want to change the items display in this position to particular K2 items. I think I know how to do this, but I cannot find the module that I need to edit. I have viewed the source but there appears to be no module identified. I have also been through the entire list of published modules, but again, no luck. Website is oceanswims.com.
Looking for help, please,
Thanks,
Paul
Last edited by toivo on Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x General Questions, retitled

oceanswims
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Can't find module for K2 items

Post by oceanswims » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:55 am

The title has been edited by the moderator, a bit misleadingly: the module I'm trying to find contains articles, not K2 items. But I want to edit this module to contain K2 items instead. It is not at this stage a K2 module.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:53 pm

If such module is not available you need a professional (!) to create such module based on the Joomla module but for K2 with the same parameters. We know what this means as development so post a professional services job request in viewforum.php?f=727

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -
#Joomla Webmaster Services: gws-webmaster.services

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:27 pm

oceanswims
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by oceanswims » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:49 pm

Thank you, however I think there is still some misunderstanding: items are displaying on the page now (they are articles), and I simply want to replace them with K2 items. When I look at the page, I see them there; and when I look at the code of the page, I see them there. But, unlike everything else on that page, there does not appear to be a module containing them, so I cannot call up that module and edit it. Please see screenshot below and oceanswims.com home page.
Screen-Shot-osc_200630.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:32 am

Those articles, which may also be featured articles, seem to have been added through SP Page Builder. The indicators in the HTML source code of the website are the following names of CSS classes:
- sp-component-area
- sp-component-wrapper

Not sure if SP Page Builder supports K2 items, though.

BTW, that is a nice site! A few years ago I snorkelled all the way around Bare island in La Perouse :D
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”