Images changes don't fire up

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
FuzMic
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Images changes don't fire up

Post by FuzMic » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:19 am

Hi guys

i am using XAMPP for windows v3.2.4 and the following setting for a virtual abc.local

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName abc.local
DocumentRoot "D:/WWW/ABC"
<Directory "D:/WWW/ABC">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
</Directory></VirtualHost>

Browser can browse ABC.local, all works ok

However i found if i change a image file eg abcd.jpg in images\ folder the changes does is not shown. This is even after clearing Joomla cache and clearing browser images & cache. I am using Joomla latest version to manage the website. No problem at the actual website or using WAmpServer, seems to be only unique for XAMPP.

If in the Jm BackEnd, i use the menu option to select an image to upload again, then Joomla get to see the new instance of the changed image. I think here is the route to the problem but i can't see why. Appreciate any insight

FuzMic
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Images changes don't fire up

Post by FuzMic » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:50 am

Let me rephrase the issue

In any Joomla article with a image say pointing to \images\img.jpg, i found i need to upload the img.jpg in the 'Image Manager', then follow by update of the image, only then the changes in the img.jpg is shown.

Why is this so? Where does Joomla keep the link unload? I thought Joomla just following the src path!

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”