Google Maps Not Working Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
austtr
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Google Maps Not Working

Post by austtr » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:48 pm

Refer site: https://fijianclassifieds.com/

The error message “This page can't load Google Maps correctly.” (wth darkened background and “for development” watermark) is showing at all Google Map locations. I'm confident the setup is correct:

- A Google Cloud project was created and is enabled
- The API key was created
- API key is restricted to just the site URL
- Billing is enabled (paid not free)
- Billing is linked to valid credit card
- API key was added to SP Page Builder configuration
GoogleMaps.png
- All caches cleared

The errors showing in Javascript Console are shown in the attached image. Perhaps someone can interpret them?

All help appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by imanickam on Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the URL of the site referenced

gws
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Google Maps Not Working

Post by gws » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:35 pm

Works for me with FF 87 .

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AMurray » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:08 pm

I'm not sure which page you're referring to with the Google maps - not seeing maps on any page.

I assume you are signed up for the paid service for Google Maps. If not that would explain the "development" watermark across the maps.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc....Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:19 pm

I reported this topic as solved several hours ago. The OP has fixed their problem.

To see Google Maps in operation at the website, click any of the "classified ads" on the site's home page; then look at the resultant page (on the right side of the result) and you will see the Google Map in a module there. None of the pages I looked at had a watermark on the map. None of the forum moderators has responded to my report to mark this topic as solved.
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:53 pm

sozzled wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:19 pm
I reported this topic as solved several hours ago. [...] None of the forum moderators has responded to my report to mark this topic as solved.
Complaint dismissed. The report was submitted at 2AM AEST, which is close to bedtime at least for our Global Moderators in Europe :)
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:28 am

Thanks, @toivo. I guess you are one forum moderator who responds to these things. 02:00 AEST is about 16:00 (4:00 pm) in Europe ... which is a strange bedtime. :laugh: In the past 8½ hours since I reported the matter, I've seen three other forum moderators visit the forum. It wasn't a complaint (or a protest); I was informing @AMurray about the current situation. The topic is solved and that's all we need to say
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

austtr
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by austtr » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:49 am

As the OP, my apologies for the delay in posting this update... a broken tie rod left me stranded a long way from home and took up most of the day!

The project is built on a commercial component plus template and it turns out that the original install did not include the latest updates. Once I managed to escalate the problem past the vendor support desk it was an easy fix.

Thanks to all who looked at this.... apologies if you arrived after the fix was in place.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”