I now have two extensions - a module and a plugin.
Both use almost identical xml files. The module updates properly in both J3 and J4 even if I publish an update with the same version, but a newer date time stamp. Fantastic !
The plugin declines to update when the version is updated. The code in the xml is as follows ... I have left off the field stuff:
Any help would be appreciated. There are other well used plugins which suffer from the same problem.
I did have a typo in the update link, which I corrected, and which I have checked is now correct in the sql table called "..update_sites". Is there anywhere else that could be causing the problem ?
Interestingly when I "clear cache" and then "find updates", one other plugin says it cannot find the manifest file - but the link quoted is there fine, and my module pops up again for an update, but not the plugin.
In my research I did find a lengthy article on the subject from Akeeba.
https://www.akeeba.com/news/1746-workin ... dater.html
This does not affect me as my stuff is just for my web sites. But as I have made them available [outwith JED], I feel I ought to surface the problem.
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <extension type="plugin" version="4.1.1" group="content" method="upgrade" client="site"> <name> TDOC Google Maps</name> <author> Eur Ing Richard Townsend-Rose</author> <creationDate> 04 May 2021</creationDate> <copyright> Copyright (C) 2005 - 2021 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.</copyright> <license> GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt</license> <authorEmail> email@example.com</authorEmail> <authorUrl> rgtr.tdocplus.co.uk</authorUrl> <version> 4.1.1</version> <description> Plugin to display KML files in Google Maps - Joomla 3.9 and 4. Version 4.1.1 of 4th May 2021</description> <files> <filename plugin="tdocgmap">tdocgmap.php</filename> </files> <!-- xml file that holds the update information --> <updateservers> <server type="extension" name="Plugin TDOC Googlemap Update Site">http://www.tdocplus.co.uk/tdoc_j4_dev/tdoc_gmap/tdocgmap_update.xml</server> </updateservers> ... etc