Smart shout box Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
ita4012
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Smart shout box

Post by ita4012 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:46 pm

Hi. I am doing some trials with Smart Shout box on my demo site.

Does anybody know why I can't see [youtube] clips preview (but only urls), if inserted in posts, while on the developer site extension demo, that is possibile?

My demo site: https://www.waterwind.it/demo/it/forum/ ... enger.html

Developer demo: https://thekrotek.com/joomla-extensions/smart-shoutbox

mjparadac
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Smart shout box

Post by mjparadac » Thu May 13, 2021 4:09 pm

Have you configured the extension correctly?

This is another extension to embed videos.
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... allvideos/

Regards,
Joomla Community Ambassador for A2 Hosting | A2 Hosting - Our speed, your success | https://www.a2hosting.com/joomla-hosting

ita4012
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ita4012 » Thu May 13, 2021 4:14 pm

I guess I did. I followed the instructions of the extension, but there's nothing about that. I already use allvideos, but it is designed to insert videos in the articles, not in shout box posts.

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AMurray » Thu May 13, 2021 9:52 pm

Your site shows a message "You are not allowed to use Shout Box" - that tells me I would have to be a registered user.

On the developer's demo, I don't see any "insert video" button on the toolbar (?), or any way to (for instance) add the You Tube embed video code.
Regards - A Murray

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by sozzled » Thu May 13, 2021 10:00 pm

ita4012 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 4:14 pm
I ... use allvideos, but it is designed to insert videos in the articles, not in shout box posts.
Correct. AllVideos is a content plugin (which means it is designed to work with J! articles although, from the description on the JED
... to ... embed video & audio content from all major 3rd party media providers ... inside your Joomla articles, K2, Virtuemart, Kunena or any other Joomla component that supports "content" plugins.
The key word is component. Although Smart Shoutbox is both a component and a module, in your case you're talking about the module.

It may be possible—I don't know enough about the shoutbox module to say for certain—to let content plugins interoperate with the module. Look at the module settings, (on the Advanced tab) for the setting Prepare Content = Yes. This may help ... or it may not; I don't know. I don't use AllVideos or your shoutbox things.
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

ita4012
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ita4012 » Sat May 15, 2021 9:09 am

Thank you for your replies. There's no particular button in frontend extension editor to insert [youtube] videos. In developer's demo version, it's enough to write the [youtube] video url in the shout box, and the video preview appears in the published message.

Anyway, I give up using this extension, 'cause it's making me waste too much time. Now, I get, once again, this error message "License check failed: wrong response from server. Try again later." I had solved with the help of my provider, changing the server where my site is installed. But, now that issue is there once againg, and I got tired. I will use something else.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”