Lab5-Cookie Commander re cookie banner repeatedly appears while browsing different pages of site

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
irenuyam
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Lab5-Cookie Commander re cookie banner repeatedly appears while browsing different pages of site

Post by irenuyam » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:49 pm

Hello!
I am having a bit of a problem with Lab5-Cookie Commander.
When I open our website, the cookie banner appears and I accept it.
cookie banner 1.JPG
But every now and then, when I open another page, the banner appears again and the Cookie Option appears below just below the footer.
cookie banner 2.JPG
Before I did not have this kind of problem.
Anybody have an idea?
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Lab5-Cookie Commander re cookie banner repeatedly appears while browsing different pages of site

Post by AMurray » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:06 pm

That hasn't been updated in 3 years. I would find another solution for acceptance of cookies (see https://extensions.joomla.org/tags/cookie-control/ for the available JED listings). Unfortunately the JED listing for Lab-5 shows no documentation or support available.

We can't tell much from screenshots. Please post the actual live site URL.

Can you confirm also what Joomla version you're using. Does this occur on separate/different devices and/or browsers?
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

irenuyam
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Lab5-Cookie Commander re cookie banner repeatedly appears while browsing different pages of site

Post by irenuyam » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:41 pm

AMurray wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:06 pm
That hasn't been updated in 3 years. I would find another solution for acceptance of cookies (see https://extensions.joomla.org/tags/cookie-control/ for the available JED listings). Unfortunately the JED listing for Lab-5 shows no documentation or support available.

We can't tell much from screenshots. Please post the actual live site URL.

Can you confirm also what Joomla version you're using. Does this occur on separate/different devices and/or browsers?
Thanks.
Will check another extension. But I really liked this one because it is easy to install. It worked properly before but now I don't know what is the problem.
Joomla! 3.10.3 Stable
Here is the link
What happens is at the homepage, I accepted the cookie policy. Then I browse to another page.
When I go back to homepage, again the cookie banner appears as well as the cookie options below the Copyright area.
If you could help then, that would be great.
Thanks again.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”