Advancing User groups

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
RedDog777
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Advancing User groups

Post by RedDog777 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:01 pm

Hi, Wondering if anyone can help me with a way to advance a persons user group based on an action they perform on the website. Eg. User registers, so they are in the REGISTERED group - then they perform a quiz and if they get the right answer they automatically are put in the ONE group, then they perform another quiz ad if they get the quiz right they are advance to the TWO group. They would need to still be able to access all the group they could previously access as well? Is there a way to do this? Or an extension that does this?

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Advancing User groups

Post by AMurray » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:03 am

Sorry but I'm not sure I get the point of what you're trying to achieve. What does the user benefit from in getting moved from group to group depending on their winning (or not) quizzes?

The User Groups are concerned with security access in the website, nothing else. It allows for setting permissions for users to perform certain website functions. For examnple:
  • Guest (non-logged in) users may see different content than when logged on (as Registered user).
  • A registered user may be able to purchase products through an online store, or maintain their own personal profile or make a booking through a calendar system, or subscribe for a newsletter etc.
  • Mid-level users (author, editor, publisher) would be able to create, edit or publish content.
  • High level users (managers, administrators, super users) would have site administration capability varying in tasks (including but not limited to) managing users, updating the system, updating or installing extensions.
I'm not sure you're actually referring to the *user groups* as above but more like a way to publish a public list of the quiz winners? "group 1 (Quiz 1 winners)", group 2 (Quiz 2 winners) etc. Is that more along the lines of what you're thinking?
Regards - A Murray

Maradona
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Maradona » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:17 am

Try PayPlans.

Look at the demo site:
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/payplans/
Last edited by toivo on Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: changed URL to point to JED - please observe the forum rules!

RedDog777
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by RedDog777 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:58 pm

Hi Sorry I guess I didn't explain very well.
I have ten links. The user should only be able to see the first link until they answer a quiz about content in that first link. If they answer it correctly they advance to a user group where they can then see the second link, and so on.

brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by brian » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:11 pm

> The User Groups are concerned with security access in the website, nothing else.

No - they are concerned with what you can see as well as what you can do.

This is a perfectly sensible and common request. The only extension I personally know of for this is https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... serpoints/ but I am sure there must be more.
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”