QuickForm 3 not updating

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
b3ta
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

QuickForm 3 not updating

Post by b3ta » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:49 pm

Hi All,

QuickForm 3 (https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/quickform/) is listed as using the Joomla! Update System, but it's not updating, as I discovered when I was updating the site to Joomla! 3.10.10 Stable [ Daraja ] 18-June-2022 16:32 GMT and other extensions to their latest and was wondering which version QuickForm 3 is on.
  • On my site I have version QuickForm 3 version 1.2.02, but the current version is 3.1.01.
  • I'm on PHP 8.0.20
  • The Control Panel says all extensions are up to date
Given the big difference in version numbers I am unsure about how best to proceed. I'm extremely happy with the extension, but would prefer to stay up-to-date.

Has anyone else experienced this?

8-)
John

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: QuickForm 3 not updating

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:52 pm

First check update sites. Is Quickform in there and are not disabled.

Your version may be so old that i may not have the Updater.

Ask the developer on how to upgrade.

funcvar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by funcvar » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:07 pm

From time to time, developers release versions that are not backwards compatible, sometimes it is difficult to use even a migration script. This is the reason why old versions don't get upgrade messages. QuickForm 3 is the third such version, but it already consists of two lines, since I did not want to change the name to QuickForm 4. The latest version is now QF_v3.1.07, it can be downloaded from the official site.

There is no need to update a component if you are satisfied with its functionality, because all updates are not critical. If I need to make a critical one, then all extension lines will receive it.

If you still want to update a component to have more features, you can do so by manually installing the latest version over the old one. But be prepared that the old forms may break and need to be reconfigured.

b3ta
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by b3ta » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:58 am

@Per: QF is in the Update Sites list, so it's probably the big difference in versions.

@funcvar: I'll upgrade in the near future: rather deal with the likely breakages (given the big version difference) during a quieter time than when I need new functionality quickly. I probably installed from an old downloaded zip file instead of getting the latest from the web site. Mea culpa, I suppose.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”