Joomla 3.10.11 and DJ-image slider component 4.5

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
pterosaur2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla 3.10.11 and DJ-image slider component 4.5

Post by pterosaur2 » Mon May 22, 2023 10:41 am

Hi,
I am on Joomla 3.10.11 and DJ-image slider component 4.5.

I have experienced this error message "Failed to extract file: pkg_dj-imageslider AIO_4.5.1_.zip_format_zip_category_id_11_release_id_600"
I have tried downloading the package and loading it to the site and see the message that the package loaded correctly but the extension is still at 4.5.
Any thoughts please?
Last edited by mandville on Mon May 22, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: split from another topic. please do not hijack but create your own

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Joomla 3.10.11 and DJ-image slider component 4.5

Post by AMurray » Mon May 22, 2023 9:26 pm

I have tried downloading the package and loading it to the site
How did you do this? Did you simply upload the files? Didn't you do the correct installation (by Extension Manager)?

Did you try the other install methods such as "install from folder" (upload it to /tmp via an FTP client like FileZilla, or your web host file manager utility) and then have the Extension Manager install it that way?

Is your upload file and file Post limits sufficient for this extension? (check PHP settings)

Since this extension is for J3 and J4, is it perhaps one of those that packages the separate versions - with an "Unzip this 1st" zip that contains the other extension zip packages within it?

Their documentation concerning installation isn't exactly helpful - "Install it like any other extension" and that's it.

It could simply be a corrupted download of the file from the developer's site (and interruption to your internet connection might cause that).
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

pterosaur2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pterosaur2 » Tue May 23, 2023 11:33 am

Thank you AMurray for your reply. After the update failed I downloaded the package to my computer and used the extensions>Install>upload package file. I have tried install from web and this didn't work either. I haven't yet tried uploading via FileZilla.
My Post limits are sufficient. I have also tried uploading individual components within the package. These all quickly (to quickly I think) give the messsage uploaded but no change in the items build level shown in extensions manager.
Therearen't separate J3/J4 versions in the package. It could be a fundamental error in the build which will result in a new build provided soon maybe. My research on the web doesn't indicate this.
Thank you for your ideas which I think just leaves me with the Filezilla upload option to try.
Thanks,
Rob

mwlandolsi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mwlandolsi » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:25 am

Hello,
I got the same problem while using update manager of joomla

andraspal
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by andraspal » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:37 am

I can confirm this error on J4 too. There is some issue here. I even extracted the AIO zip, installed plg and mod individually, and Plugin Manager says I have the 4.5.1 but updater is still saying I need to update to that version.

Edit: I just got a reply from the dev: "We know the issue related to the DJ-ImageSlider. The latest 4.5.1 package needs to be downloaded and installed manually as any other Joomla extension. Despite the successful update, the updater will still inform about the need to make an update - that is the issue that will be fixed."

LACali2107
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by LACali2107 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:23 am

I'm still having the same problem today. Did anyone get a fix for this issue?

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”