Extension for a Registry

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
LP Corvette
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Extension for a Registry

Post by LP Corvette » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:38 pm

Hello. I am looking for and have been looking for some time to find an extension that acts as a Registry.

Goal: To have a registry of all Gibson LP Corvette Electric guitars, with photos, location information, searchable and access control (for privacy, fields based)

Is there such a script available? I looked at Club Reg, but that's not exactly what I'm after.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Extension for a Registry

Post by AMurray » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:30 pm

I suppose you could have an e-commerce extension (in "catalogue" mode - no purchasing function, just the product details) or a photo gallery extension (depending on which one) some may have meta data like what you are asking for.

You could also build your own extension with something like Fabrik - to build a database the way you want it with the forms for inputting the records, reporting for displaying the information etc. (that takes time and energy to learn with a heavy learning curve).

Not sure you will find much for Joomla 3.x which is now End of Life. I would investigate extensions and do a site using Joomla 4.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

LP Corvette
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by LP Corvette » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:30 pm

Appreciate it, but Joomla 4 is not an avenue that I can pursue. Good idea about the gallery, but I'd have to heavily modify a gallery component to get the look and feel - plus the specifics and make it searchable. It is a good option...but there has to be something that would take less time to modify. If I'm allowed to show the site here, what the site is about, maybe there would be something that would ring a bell...here's the about section: https://lpcorvette.com/about-the-lp-cor ... ic-guitars - there are 3 different types of Guitars and one is limited to 200, one is at 50 and one is at 40. The most important part is privacy. Certain parts I want only visible to logged in members...not the general public.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:36 pm

I would still strongly recommend Joomla 4. J310 reached the end of life in August. While there is some limited extended (and subscription-based) support for J310 this is only to provide security updates and help with transition to J4. (as I understand it).

Note: your site doesn't load. It appears to not be using SSL so my browser blocks it.

It would possibly be better to seek custom development, so you get a component that exactly suits your needs but whether developers can do (or will do) that for J310 is another question.

You can post your requirements on the Professional Servies forum: viewforum.php?f=177
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:57 am

As @amurray said this would easily be accomplished with Fabrik.

LP Corvette
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by LP Corvette » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:39 am

AMurray wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:36 pm
I would still strongly recommend Joomla 4. J310 reached the end of life in August. While there is some limited extended (and subscription-based) support for J310 this is only to provide security updates and help with transition to J4. (as I understand it).

Note: your site doesn't load. It appears to not be using SSL so my browser blocks it.

It would possibly be better to seek custom development, so you get a component that exactly suits your needs but whether developers can do (or will do) that for J310 is another question.

You can post your requirements on the Professional Servies forum: viewforum.php?f=177
My site is secure, you're probably having an issue on your end.

What I gather, just migrating to Joomla 4, of which my server doesn't support, will solve all of my problems looking for a "Registry" script. Thanks for your...so called...help. Pretty much worthless support here.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:44 am

We can not help the ignorant...who will not help themselves.

gsmela
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by gsmela » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:12 pm

RSDirectory is an extension from RSJoomla that does exactly what you want out of the box. They also make RSForms that acts similarly to Fabrik mentioned previously.

The others are correct about using Joomlashack 4 rather than 3 due to it being end of life. How is it that your server “doesn’t support” Joomla 4?

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”