extension miniorange twofa uninstall broke site

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
websmith
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

extension miniorange twofa uninstall broke site

Post by websmith » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:56 pm

Hey everyone,
Hate to be a pita, but I installed miniorange twofa, since my 3.10 doesn't have a core 2fa installed. From what i've read its supposed to in releases after 3.9, but I don't have one. So I installed miniorange, didn't have time to work on it and figured Id uninstall til later when i had more time. I search under extensions for all miniorange files and clicked uninstall.
Well it broke the admin area and the front end.
I had no access to akeeba backup or anything, so had to do the painstaking ftp delete files from server and re-upload all files. Now there are still a package miniorange in extensions, and Im leary to uninstall that and have it break the site again. So, any suggestions on what to do?
Was the break in system do to that last package not uninstalling with the others? Ive read others had the same issue when trying to uninstall this ext, but I read about that after I went through all this. So how can I get rid of it for good, without harming site, and how can i get the core joomla 2fa installed?

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: extension miniorange twofa uninstall broke site

Post by AMurray » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:28 pm

The core 2FA is already installed. Enable the plugin and set it up from User Profile. 2FA was introduced in Joomla 3.2 - see https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Two_Factor_Authentication

You should be able to remove mini orange if it doesn't uninstall correctly, delete the extension folders (containing plugins, components, modules etc -from both the front-end and back end - any folders referencing "Mini orange", and remove the tables from the database (if applicable).
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”