2nd level submenu doesn't have a active/current status

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
JamesFrown
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

2nd level submenu doesn't have a active/current status

Post by JamesFrown » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi there,

I'm developing my website in 3.0, first time in this beta release and I am stuck with the next problem.

I have a mainmenu (level 1) on the top of my site, which on mouse-over shows a submenu (level 2). When you click a link, you will go to the content page. So far so good.

On this content page, on the left side of the component I've placed a submenu which I normally do (shows only the level 2 items). But the problem is, is that the submenu doesn't have a active/current status anymore. The mainmenu does light up, but the source code of my submenu doesn't show this status anymore.

Problem with 3.0?

This is the situation:
So the 5.3 submenu doesn't light up because of the status..

Edit: reinstalled joomla 3.0, did the same things and the menu worked. No differences between versions, but it works now. Strange... > Close

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: 2nd level submenu doesn't have a active/current status

Post by imanickam » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:35 am

JamesFrown wrote:On this content page, on the left side of the component I've placed a submenu which I normally do (shows only the level 2 items).
For the side menu, are you using the same menu that is being used for the top menu or a different menu?

Note:
I am not referring to the menu module module - I am just referring to the menu.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”