Contact form with "thank you" email.

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Locked
hello6470
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Contact form with "thank you" email.

Post by hello6470 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:58 am

Hi

I'm looking for a component or contact module with possibility to send an email back to the sender with "Thanks for contacting us, we work from x to y, alert phone number: 09999" etc. - a fixed text that won't change.
I can code it into the file if there is any available in some simpler modules.
(second requirement are two or three custom fields in order to let the sender introduce other contact medias like phone number)

Any ideas ?

Using latest joomla: 3.0.3

as always, thanks in advance.
Using Joomla 1.7.3 and 2.5
K2

 
User avatar
Ankit Mathur
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 am
Location: India
Contact:

Re: Contact form with "thank you" email.

Post by Ankit Mathur » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:17 am

hello6470 wrote:Hi

I'm looking for a component or contact module with possibility to send an email back to the sender with "Thanks for contacting us, we work from x to y, alert phone number: 09999" etc. - a fixed text that won't change.
I can code it into the file if there is any available in some simpler modules.
(second requirement are two or three custom fields in order to let the sender introduce other contact medias like phone number)

Any ideas ?

Using latest joomla: 3.0.3

as always, thanks in advance.
There is a free extension which can manage your HTML forms.
Have a look at this: http://www.joomlaxi.com/products/item/j ... forms.html
Download: http://www.joomlaxi.com/download/catego ... rms-2.html
With Kind Regards,
Ready Bytes Software Labs
Joomla Shopping Cart: http://www.readybytes.net/paycart.html

hello6470
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Re: Contact form with "thank you" email.

Post by hello6470 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Thanks Ankit
Looks really promising but doesn't work.
The dashboard is blank and clicking on "New" doesn't seems to do anything, no action is registered.

need alternatives
Using Joomla 1.7.3 and 2.5
K2

User avatar
Ankit Mathur
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 am
Location: India
Contact:

Re: Contact form with "thank you" email.

Post by Ankit Mathur » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:11 am

hello6470 wrote:Thanks Ankit
Looks really promising but doesn't work.
The dashboard is blank and clicking on "New" doesn't seems to do anything, no action is registered.

need alternatives
Hi,

It works fine at my end. The kit came with 2 files and I installed both of them. After installing, RB plugin needs to be enabled from plugin manager. Have you done the same thing? Have you enabled RB plugin?

And yes, Dashboard is blank at my end too.... I guess it will be provided later on in stable release.
With Kind Regards,
Ready Bytes Software Labs
Joomla Shopping Cart: http://www.readybytes.net/paycart.html

hello6470
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Re: Contact form with "thank you" email.

Post by hello6470 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:02 am

Ankit Mathur wrote:
(...) The kit came with 2 files and I installed both of them. After installing, RB plugin needs to be enabled from plugin manager. Have you done the same thing? Have you enabled RB plugin?

(...)
Yes I did everything as explained in the installation doc.
Too bad.
Using Joomla 1.7.3 and 2.5
K2

User avatar
Ankit Mathur
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:39 am
Location: India
Contact:

Re: Contact form with "thank you" email.

Post by Ankit Mathur » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:43 am

Well, in that case can you check any Javascript errors, if occuring.....
If you agree, then I would like give it a look before we go for some alternate.

#It works fine at my end, just installed both the kits and enabled the plugins from plugin manager. Only problem is that dashboard is shown empty, nothing else.
With Kind Regards,
Ready Bytes Software Labs
Joomla Shopping Cart: http://www.readybytes.net/paycart.html

 

Locked

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”