JCE Editor issues when copy-pasting from notepad

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Kotsolis
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

JCE Editor issues when copy-pasting from notepad

Postby Kotsolis » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:40 am

After upgrading from Joomla v2 latest to Joomla v3.7 I found that the JCE editor has the following issues when copy-pasting from Notepad:

1)A gap is created at the beginning of the article at a 50% chance.

2)The first sentene of the article is somehow repeated in both Frontend and Backend for a 70% chance!

3)The empty lines that distinguish paragraphs dissapear. In fact the editor cuts -1 empty line. So in order to have our paragraphs seperated we need to create 2 gaps in notepad for each paragraph!

Those issues have to be fixed asap.

editor-humble-bundle.jpg

Note that I also use JReviews latest version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: JCE Editor issues when copy-pasting from notepad

Postby Per Yngve Berg » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:06 am

If there is no gap between paragraphs, this must be set in css in your template.

Adding an empty paragraph to add space is not the proper way to do it.
You should also be aware of the difference between a paragraph and newline (Enter and Shift+Enter)
While switching to html mode, you will see the <p> tags for paragraph and <br /> for line breaks.

Kotsolis
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Postby Kotsolis » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:41 am

Paragraphs: This is actually an issue, because until now in all Joomla v2 versions a copy-paste from Notepad was meant to be KEEPING the form of the text! ie. empty lines betweens paragraphs.

This is because journalists write in Microsoft Word or Open office or a Mac editor, then copy-paste the text to notepad and finally to the editor so that it doesn't lose the form. We don't want the final text to have the form layout of Microsoft Word.

In the new editor, as far as I can see, can we copy-paste text from Microsoft Word directly without losing the gaps? I mean the formatting doesn't change, right?

Thank you.

TaylorCTU
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby TaylorCTU » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:55 pm

I've noticed the duplication as well. Doesn't happen often so I just delete and move on. May want to make a thread here. https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/forum

FinlayFinlay
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby FinlayFinlay » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:32 pm

I have EXACTLY this problem. Began occurring for the first time very recently, following an update. I'm not sure which one, as I updated Joomla and JCE editor in the same session before noticing the duplication problem later on. I'd say I've had this for around a week (it's now 4th August 2017).

Happens ALWAYS with plain text pastes on CTRL-V when writing an article. Doesn't matter whether they come directly from Notepad or from a formatter (such as I use) which converts formatted text to plain text.

It's always the first sentence which is duplicated, necessitating its removal before the document is saved. It's a pain - slows you down and there's always the fear that you won't notice the duplication.

This duplication DOESN'T happen when pasting in formatted text (at least not for me).

I've been using JCE with Joomla for about 7 years and never had this problem before. It's recent. I've been in to the JCE plugin parameters to see if there are any settings which may affect this, but can't see any.

The OP highlights another problem, which is that single line breaks disappear, condensing the text into a single paragraph. So, both problems together in JCE take the following pasted plain text:

Code: Select all

You’ll need to bring the following:
1.   Notebook
2.   Pencils
3.   Calculator

and turn it into:

You’ll need to bring the following:You’ll need to bring the following:1. Notebook2. Pencils3. Calculator

requiring erasure and reformatting. Seems pretty clear that it's stripping out the line breaks, as well as duplicating the first sentence.

One of posters above suggest posting on the JCE forum but one needs to pay to do so. JCE shouldn't require people to pay to report an error in their software.

I use Chrome (and have done for longer than JCE and Joomla) so I wou;dn't think it's browser-related. I'm currently on Joomla 3.7.xx and the latest JCE editor.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Postby Per Yngve Berg » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:39 pm

What html is being generated? Your example should be an ol-li list. Maybe you have some css that shows it inline.

FinlayFinlay
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby FinlayFinlay » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:52 pm

I'm sorry, Per, I don't understand your reference to HTML. There is no HTML to post, as such, because this is a problem happening in the JCE editor in WYSIWYG mode, when line breaks are stripped, the first sentence is duplicated and everything gets plonked in between two paragraph tags by JCE in the normal way. It then has to be corrected and formatted before being saved and displayed in the front end.

Let me illustrate with some screen grabs.

This piece of plain text (complete with line breaks) from a text editor gets copied.

and pasted (with CTRL-V) into JCE editor, where it immediately looks like this:

showing first sentence has been duplicated and line breaks stripped out.

The code for this is simply the full line sandwiched between paragraph tags by JCE editor.

It needs to be edited and formatted again to delete the duplication and reinstate the line breaks.

This never used to happen. If dealing with substantial amounts of text, it's VERY time-consuming.

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby sozzled » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:58 pm

@FinlayFinlay: I don't know if this idea answers your question but let's try another experiment.

Currently, copying the [Notepad] text entered as

1.   Notebook
2.   Pencils
3.   Calculator
strings the text in one line (without replacing the breaks in the text as <br /> or <p>...</p>). Try this instead:

1.   Notebook

2.   Pencils

3.   Calculator
(in other words, add extra line breaks in Notepad) ???
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

FinlayFinlay
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby FinlayFinlay » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:41 pm

Hi Sozzled

Thanks for taking an interest. Even without doing your experiment I know what's going to happen because I've tried this already. However, let me do it once more so we can illustrate the issue that seems to be going on.

If I enter the plain text with double line breaks:

1.   Notebook

2.   Pencils

3.   Calculator

JCE editor reduces it to this HTML:

<p>You’ll need to bring the following:You’ll need to bring the following:<br />1. Notebook<br />2. Pencils<br />3. Calculator</p>

As you can see, one of the line breaks is stripped out and the other converted to an HTML line break.

There are two issues here:

1. Oftentimes, when formatting plain text, there is a desire to separate some paragraphs with a single line break, and others with two. We shouldn't need to second guess the parsing peccadilloes of JCE editor to try and add extra line breaks knowing it will remove one from every line.

2. This simply never used to happen. Previously, plain text lines separated by single line breaks were parsed and formatted as such by JCE - as were paragraphs with double spaces between them.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Postby leolam » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:03 am

Celebrating 12-Years of Professional Joomla Support Services
- Joomla Professional Support:https://gws-desk.com -
- Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions:https://gws-host.com -
- Member Joomla Bug Squad & J-CMS Release Team

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Postby leolam » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:14 am

The reason why these settings work is shown in the folllowing screencast I created from the JCE-Demo pages https://demo.joomlacontenteditor.net/ See here: https://www.screencast.com/t/SjI06LwE

With the settings correct in the editor you can paste from Word directly but if wanted you can paste from Notebook with similar results

Leo 8)

FinlayFinlay
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby FinlayFinlay » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:48 am

Hi Leo

Thanks for your suggestion. In fact, I've already been around the back and adjusted the plugin parameters to allow Word cleanup. My other settings are the same as the ones in your graphic but JCE is still stripping out the line breaks from plain-text pastes. I'm assuming it has something to do with a change in the recent update. I'm using the latest version and my back-end looks slightly different to your graphic, so if plain text pastes work properly on yours they may still not work on mine. I'm using JCE 2.6.18 with Joomla 3.7.4. What versions are you using?

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby sozzled » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:32 am

@FinlayFinlay: I conducted two tests:

1) Using the same "list" as you, separating each line with a single linefeed character in Notepad. I copied and pasted the Notepad text directly into JCE Editor and it generated the following HTML (as I would have expected):

<p>You’ll need to bring the following:<br />1.   Notebook<br />2.   Pencils<br />3.   Calculator</p>

2) Using the same text, separating each "line" with a double linefeed character in Notepad; cop/paste generates the following HTML (likewise, as I expected):

<p>You’ll need to bring the following:</p>
<p>1.   Notebook</p>
<p>2.   Pencils</p>
<p>3.   Calculator</p>

I'm using

JCE Editor 2.6.18, Joomla 3.7.4.

Components » JCE Editor » Editor Global Configuration » Formatting & Display » Container Element & Enter Key = Paragraph Container & Paragraph on Enter
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

FinlayFinlay
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby FinlayFinlay » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi Sozzled

This text pasted straight in from TextPad (an advanced plain text editor):

You'll need to bring the following:
Notebook
Pencils
Calculator

[note that the text editor on this forum faithfully reproduces the line breaks without any editing] produces:

<p>You'll need to bring the following:You'll need to bring the following:NotebookPencilsCalculator</p>

when pasted into JCE. Note the duplicated first sentence and lack of line breaks.

This text:

Notebook

Pencils

Calculator

produces:

<p>You'll need to bring the following:You'll need to bring the following:<br />Notebook<br />Pencils<br />Calculator</p>

so our results are different even though we are using exactly the same versions of Joomla and JCE. :( So, there's a glitch somewhere that's happening for a lot of users...

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Postby leolam » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:11 pm

No it is not. You did not read and did not adapted the settings as show by the image of these settings I posted (which btw is a copy of an image posted by Ryan Demmer on the JCE-forums (Ryan is the Developer of JCE)

And no it is not my JCE version I showed my results on it it the public accessible version of JCE (JCE-demo site) I posted my tested results as show in my screen cast which is latest Joomla and latest JCE (as is the demo site of JCE)

Nothing has changed with the latest upgrades of JCE. It works just as normal as always and does not do (in our systems nor on the JCE demo-site) what you are experiencing or what point Sozzled is trying to make (which makes no sense if JCE settings are correct)

Did you actually look at the screencast I posted? I doubt it .....since it shows not stripping out a thing. On our own live sites and on our client sites we do not have the issues you experience as well and @Sozzled we do not need these 'fancy' tricks in Notepad.... Again take a few seconds and see my screencast.... Simply ignoring the screencast is shown by the reply you posted here

Leo 8)

FinlayFinlay
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby FinlayFinlay » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:05 pm

Wow, Leo! No need to be so aggressive. Are you suffering from a painful back, or something? If you look up 4 posts above this one you will see I replied to you! Did you ignore MY post?

I checked the plugin parameters on your screencast and they are EXACTLY the same as mine... and the problem is still occurring. And that's what I wrote in my post...

And it's not just with me. I can find loads of other posts on the web with people complaining of the same problem with the line-breaks being stripped. There is even a thread on the JCE support forum.

So, instead of being short-tempered and impatient, it would be more helpful if you opened your mind to the possibility that there may be an opinion other than your own. That way, maybe we'll find the solution.

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby sozzled » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:41 pm

Guys, I did nothing "fancy". I will repeat again:

1) Joomla 3.7.4: almost entirely unvarnished, "vanilla-flavoured" except that I've added Akeeba Backup and a couple of extensions for the occasional one-off experimentation including, I must say, JCE Editor 2.6.18. Protostar template on the front-end.

2) Windows 7 and common—"garden variety"—Notepad (not Textpad, Wordpad, MS Word—as the subject says N-o-t-e-p-a-d). If we're not discussing this then I am sorry I put my nose into this discussion.

3) One person with forty-something years of experience; several cups of coffee and a lacklustre interest in copying/pasting text directly into WYSIWYG editors.

In my case, the line-breaks were not stripped (nor as the first line of text duplicated) when text, created in Notepad, was copied into JCE Editor. I did no "fancy tricks". I entered the sample text into Notepad, selected the contents (CTRL-A, CTRL-C) and pasted (CTRL-V) into JCE Editor. Likewise, I watched @Leo's movie (several times, with coffee in one hand and a bag of popcorn in the other) and the video demonstrates a similar behaviour using MS Word.

The subject of this discussion is "JCE Editor issues when copy-pasting from Notepad". I'm not sure when we moved on to discussing copy/pasting from MS Word—this introduces a different set of circumstances—and I'm trying to remain faithful to the original subject. If the subject was incorrect and we're discussing somethign different then, please, let's agree about what we're discussing.

In my last post, I mentioned one of the JCE Editor settings that might be relevant:
sozzled wrote:Components » JCE Editor » Editor Global Configuration » Formatting & Display » Container Element & Enter Key = Paragraph Container & Paragraph on Enter
Did I state the blindly obvious here?

However, @Leo points to something else that I may have overlooked (https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp ... n-text.jpg), and so I've compared my vanilla-flavoured, out-of-the-box, untainted JCE Editor 2.6.18 clipoard settings in that regard also. I've highlighted the differences (in the screenshot below) between my untarnished version and the settings the @Leo provided us:
jce_AdminProfileClipboard.png

Go knock yourselves out over what the settings should be; in my case, the default settings work. I'm really not too interested: I don't, as a general practice, copy/paste text from Notepad; I rarely copy/paste text from MS Word or any other RTF editor. I'm only trying to (a) understand the problem and (b) offer my puny insights on the matter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FinlayFinlay
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby FinlayFinlay » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi Sozzled

Good points. The topic IS about weird pasting behaviour when JCE parses plain text from Notepad or a similar text editor. Anyone pasting Word text into a WYSIWYG editor is asking for strange behaviour and superfluous proprietary formatting unless it's being stripped out beforehand, hence why we paste from plain text. We take submissions from contributors in UK, France and USA, all of which are composed on various word processors. For uniformity, we run them straight through a plain text converter and then paste them into JCE and format them there. I've been doing that for many years on Joomla with JCE and never encountered the duplicate first line and line-break stripping that is now happening.

Out of interest, I reset my JCE plugin parameters to match your screenshot and still found that my pasting behaviour did not match yours (still get the duplicated first sentence and line-break stripping), even though our setup here is close to yours. But we have several other extensions installed, so maybe there's a conflict, which is the glitch I referred to above. Leo seemed to think I was suggesting a bug in JCE but I wasn't. I have no quantifiable evidence for that. A glitch is a far less specific descriptor or a problem, and glitch there certainly is as the pasting behaviour is predictably unpredictable and certainly not as the developer designed it.

If I have time I'll do a fresh install of Joomla 3.7.4 and JCE on our test server and see how the pasting behaves with no other extensions installed. If I get some info or insight I'll post it back here. Collaborative problem-solving is the fastest way forward on these things. This December marks my nineteenth year on web development and I've lost track of the number of issues we've resolved by constructive sharing.

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby sozzled » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:02 pm

FinlayFinlay wrote:I get the duplicated first sentence and line-break stripping ... but we have several other extensions installed, so maybe there's a conflict ...
I'd be willing to bet money that there's a conflict with something and that three people have encountered the situation. The question is: what is that something common to @Kotsolis, @TaylorCTU and @FinlayFinlay?

In following this discussion, the standout cause was stated—in two places—as the problem commenced some time after some update:

FinlayFinlay wrote:After upgrading from Joomla v2 latest to Joomla v3.7 I found that the JCE editor has ... issues when copy-pasting from Notepad ...
and
FinlayFinlay wrote:... this problem ... began occurring for the first time very recently, following an update. I'm not sure which one ...
Because we have all, at some stage, updated something—but we're unable to reproduce the circumstances—the two most likely areas to look at are: (1) the effects of third-party Joomla extensions on the recent updates; and (2) the effects of third-party browser addons on these recent updates.

Does the problem occur only with one type of web browser and, if so, what is it? I ask this question because it may not necessarily matter what JCE Editor settings are being used if the issue arises because it's how the the browser transfers the contents from the paste buffer before the editor is given the opporunity to process those contents.
Last edited by sozzled on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scifivision
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Postby scifivision » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:13 pm

I thought this was a problem with using mobile or with IOS. I was just searching before I made a post about it and found this I paste from Word and don't have a problem from there (with the extra Word stuff stripped out). I started having the problem pasting from Pages on my iPad when I upgraded JCE (I now have the newest version as well as newest Joomla). The iPad has always lost some formatting, but before the spacing was fine and bold and italics stayed. But when I upgraded I started getting no spaces between the paragraphs as well. I have tried using Word on the iPad but still am having the same problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an app that seems to have less issue dropping formatting? I didn't know if I should make a different post, because I'm thinking now it has nothing to do with mobile, but I don't know, because on the PC I use Word rather than notepad.

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby sozzled » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:18 pm

@scifivision: the topic is about copy/paste from a plain text editor like Notepad. Things start to get confusing when we also discuss RTF editors. Can we, at least for this topic, remain on-topic and stick to Notepad for the time being, please.

Jaydot
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby Jaydot » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:29 pm

I have the exact same problem FinlayFinlay is having.
Can't remember when it started exactly, and no idea or what triggered it. It's irritating, but I just take a deep breath and correct it manually.
As sozzled suggested, I tried it in another browser (Edge) a moment ago. (Normally I use Chrome)
Here's what I got:

<p>You’ll need to bring the following: 1.&nbsp;&nbsp; Notebook 2.&nbsp;&nbsp; Pencils 3.&nbsp;&nbsp; Calculator</p>

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby sozzled » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Thanks, @Jaydot. (Looks like it's probably not browser-related because @FinlayFinlay mentions Google Chrome in msg #4 of this topic and now we see the issue is referred to in MS Edge).

@Jaydot's contribution is interesting in another respect because MS Edge is a Windows 10 product (and I've been doing my own research in a Windows 7 environment). It wouldn't take me too long to attempt to reproduce these symptoms on Win10—I've got the gear—so it's also worth turning our attention, momentarily at least, to whether the commonality is Microsoft-related?

The underlying commonality in this topic "Notepad". What's not explictly mentioned is "which variant of Notepad" are we discussing? If everyone who has contributed to this topic replies "I use Windows 10" then, as bizarre as this may sound, that may be the root cause we've been trying to identify. We should eliminate that, too.

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Google Chrome causes problems copying/pasting text into JCE Editor

Postby sozzled » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:20 pm

YES! Found it! I can reproduce the problem on Google Chrome but there's been a bit of confusion about the cause(s), the testing methodology and the explanations people may have had.

Testing confirmed on Google Chrome on Windows 10 and Windows 7. I'm sorry, I couldn't confirm the problem with Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 11 or MS Edge. It's important to stress that I was unable to confirm @Jaydot's observation regarding MS Edge.

Copy/paste from Notepad to JCE 2.6.18 under Google Chrome duplicates the first line and concatenates the remaining lines together. Suspicion is now with JCE Editor 2.6.16 and Javascript/jQuery (DOM).

FinlayFinlay
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby FinlayFinlay » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Good to know that you've reproduced the problem. In the true spirit of anal-retentive behaviour I found some time to do some testing to see if I could establish any pattern.

Setup: Win 10 Home 64 bit on Asus laptop. Web server running Apache 2.4.27 with PHP 5.6.31. Clean install of Joomla 3.7.4. (totally vanilla and using Protostar template – no settings changed at all). In all experiments I pasted in this plain text with single line breaks:

Notebook
Pencils
Calculator

Using native TinyMCE on Chrome produces:

<p>You'll need to bring the following:<br />Notebook<br />Pencils<br />Calculator</p>

With MS Edge TinyMCE it produces:

<p>You'll need to bring the following:<br />Notebook<br />Pencils<br />Calculator</p>

[I.e. identical behaviour.]

Then added JCE Content Editor 2.6.18 extension.

On Chrome produces:

<p>You'll need to bring the following:You'll need to bring the following:NotebookPencilsCalculator</p>

With MS Edge produces:

<p>You'll need to bring the following: Notebook Pencils Calculator</p>

[Note duplicated first line with Chrome, and stripped line-breaks with both browsers. On MS Edge the line-breaks are replaced by spaces.]

Added ARK editor 2.51 extension.

On Chrome ARK produces:

<p>You'll need to bring the following:<br />
Notebook<br />
Pencils<br />
Calculator</p>

On MS Edge ARK produces:

Notebook<br />
Pencils<br />
Calculator</p>

[I.e. identical behaviour]

Added latest DropEditor (no version specified).

On Chrome DropEditor produces:

Notebook<br />
Pencils<br />
Calculator</p>

On MS Edge DropEditor produces:

Notebook<br />
Pencils<br />
Calculator</p>

[I.e. identical behaviour]

Then uninstalled JCE Content Editor 2.6.18. Replaced with JCE Content Editor 2.6.17.

On Chrome produces:

With MS Edge produces:

[I.e. same behaviour as version 2.6.18. Note duplicated first line with Chrome, and stripped line-breaks with both browsers. On MS Edge the line-breaks are replaced by spaces.]

Uninstalled JCE Content Editor 2.6.17. Replaced with JCE Content Editor 2.6.16.

On Chrome produces:

With MS Edge produces:

[I.e. same behaviour as version 2.6.17. Note duplicated first line with Chrome, and stripped line-breaks with both browsers. On MS Edge the line-breaks are replaced by spaces.]

The way that JCE parses and formats this text is consistent over at least three versions, yet the problem has arisen only recently, so I’m starting to wonder if it’s a conflict with the latest version of Joomla...

I went back and did a vanilla install of Joomla 3.6.5. with the following results.

Using native TinyMCE on Chrome produces:

<p>You'll need to bring the following:</p>
<p>Notebook</p>
<p>Pencils</p>
<p>Calculator</p>

[Note difference to Tiny MCE formatting on Joomla 3.7.4 above!]

Using native TinyMCE on Edge produces:

[I.e. the same as TinyMCE formatting under Joomla 3.7.4.]

Installed JCE Content Editor 2.6.16. extension.

Using JCE 2.6.16 under Chrome produces:

Using JCE Content Editor 2.6.16 under Edge produces:

[Both of these are identical to the JCE behaviour under Joomla 3.7.4 and in fact I then installed JCE versions 2.6.17 and 2.6.18 and found the results identical as well. JCE simply doesn’t handle those single line-breaks and still duplicates the first sentence under Chrome. I have no idea why this is happening.]

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby sozzled » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:42 pm

So, the upshot is this: there's a issue with JCE 2.6.16, 2.6.17 and 2.6.18 with Notepad and J! 3.7.4 (and probably involves MS Windows, unless someone wants to verify the issue on a different OS) with Google Chrome that results in the duplication of the first line of copied text and, in the case of MS Edge (although I was unable to corroborate this), also strips line-breaks from subsequent lines if copied text.

Please send this information to the developers of JCE Editor. Let's hear from them.

TaylorCTU
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby TaylorCTU » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:50 pm

I did some testing on my own before reading this thread. The problem only seems to occur only on google chrome. I got it to occur on the JCE demo site. https://demo.joomlacontenteditor.net/

I have posted a thread on the JCE forum with the steps to duplicate. https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/sup ... en-pasting

Hopefully we'll get a fix soon.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Postby leolam » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:07 am

Ryan has posted a reply and he suggest to test the v19 RC https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/sup ... eply-93010

Leo 8)

FinlayFinlay
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby FinlayFinlay » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:10 am

I'm happy to test it but it won't let me download it unless I pay a subscription.

TaylorCTU
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Postby TaylorCTU » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:11 pm

JCE 2.6.19 has been released. Changelog shows the fix. https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/sup ... log/editor

Update seems to have fixed the issue.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”