Error loading component: com_remository, Component not found

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
FinRef
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Error loading component: com_remository, Component not found

Postby FinRef » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:34 am

Hi I am new to this and trying to update a site. On a page with requires members to login which I am trying to republish I get the following error "Error loading component: com_remository, Component not found". This wasn't there prior to upgrade. Can you advise how to resolve issue. Thanks

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Error loading component: com_remository, Component not found

Postby sozzled » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:09 pm

It sounds like you have migrated an old J! 1.5 website to J 3.something and you are receiving messages about Remository, an extension—developed for J! 1.5—that is incompatible with J! 3.x. Is that correct?
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

FinRef
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby FinRef » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:39 am

Hi thanks for your reply. it was upgraded but i don't know from what to 3.7? is there an equivalent in the new version where we can have a public and a members area?

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Postby sozzled » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:11 am

I last remember using Remository about 4 years ago (around the time when I killed-off the last of my J! 1.5 websites after it had been hacked-to-death) and I note that the extension has been removed from Joomla Extension Directory.

Apparently I was mistaken and the Remository project was continued after J! 1.5.

I used Google to locate the "latest download" information about Remository: you could try https://remository.com/downloads/joomla ... tory-3.57/. I'm sorry but I don't know anything to answer your questions about "public and a members area" in connection with the product. If you have more questions, I suggest you try asking the owner of the product.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

FinRef
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Postby FinRef » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Thanks for your advice. It has worked and the site is back working. Cheers

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”