Form to request action, report results

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
zhidoni
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Form to request action, report results

Postby zhidoni » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:32 pm

site is eldoradosf.org
joomla version 3.7.4
using RSform!Pro

we would like to design a form that has the following capabilities, and are looking for a solution, either custom or out of the box. many thanks for any ideas!

The intended process flow is as follows:

1. Submission of form on web site
2. Archival of form in data base; would probably want to have the app. assign some type of ID, perhaps prefixed by location of problem so the data base could be searched at a later date for all problem tickets relating to that location.
3. Distribution of copies electronically to:
a. GM (general manager)
b. Secretary of F&G (facilities committee) or entire F&G membership (if only to Secretary, that person can forward to the committee members)
3. Entry onto a log (of open problem tickets)- - this could be a file that would feed the GM Update, where the GM could update status as work progresses
4. System acknowledgement to the submitter that the ticket was received and queued for attention.
5. System sends final note to submitter that the problem was resolved; this would be triggered by staff putting a "Complete" status in the Log/Data Base.
6. Log at the end of each month is fed to the GM Update.

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Form to request action, report results

Postby ranwilli » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:01 am

Have a look at:

Help Desk

I have successfully used "Free Style Support Portal," but I'm certain there are at least one or two others that would be good as well.
Don't HACK the Joomla! core. Extend and Override.
Stay ON the update path.
http://harpervance.com

zhidoni
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby zhidoni » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:08 am

thank you for your reply. the help desk/support component might possibly be adapted to our needs, although it it appears to be geared more toward software/hardware support issues. We are a large homeowner association, and the problem tickets generally relate to roads in disrepair, broken playground equipment, missing traffic signs, etc. the existing form may be viewed here:
http://eldoradosf.org/resident-resource ... eport.html

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Postby ranwilli » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:43 am

I have no idea about the other help desk extensions, as I've not used them, but the aforementioned Freestyle Support Portal lets you name categories of tickets and/or "departments" and/or products. It also supports submission of tickets via email or text or phone.

As you related your needs in your opening post, help desk extensions are what you want.
Don't HACK the Joomla! core. Extend and Override.
Stay ON the update path.
http://harpervance.com

zhidoni
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Postby zhidoni » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 pm

thank you for taking the time to help. very much appreciated. i will further explore using free style

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”