Backup on Update not Working

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
rbeilby
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Backup on Update not Working

Postby rbeilby » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:17 pm

For some reason the "Backup on Update" plugin does not work on one of my sites. It does work on the other two, which of which is on the same server. All the sites are running Joomla 3.7.4 and Akeeba Backup 5.5.1, so they are all up to date. On the 2 sites that do work there is a button to toggle the backup on or off, but, not with the non-working site. All the sites have the plugin enabled.

Anyone any ideas on what could be wrong and how to correct it?

Thanks.
Regards,

Richard Beilby.

sozzled
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Backup on Update not Working

Postby sozzled » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:48 pm

I encountered this situation with a totally raw, out-of-the-shrink-wrap, J! 3.7.2 website on which I installed Akeeba Backup as the only extension. I observed, in my case, that when I updated to J! 3.7.3 that no backup took place before the update; same thing again with the update to J! 3.7.4.

And, yeah, I was going "spare" fiddling with the enabling/disabling/enabling of the plugin, too!

The BoU button is a new invention (since around the time of AB 5.5.x or, possibly, AB 5.4.x). Anyway, to cut a long story short, in this one rare case, I resolved the issue by installing Akeeba Admin Tools and run the "Fix permissions" feature of that product. Immediately after doing that, the BoU button appears.

The only thing I haven't figured out is why the BoU button disappears again after uninstalling AAT. Go figure that one out. Something to do with Akeeba's FoF (framework on framework).

Yep, mysterious but fairly easy to solve by installing AAT. I don't understand why, in one case I've encountered, the System - Backup on update plugin settings were not being honoured.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

rbeilby
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Backup on Update not Working

Postby rbeilby » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:33 pm

Thanks, Soozled, that worked! Ir at least I can see the BoU button now.
Regards,

Richard Beilby.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”