Single Sign On from ASP.NET site to Joomla

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
atuarram
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Single Sign On from ASP.NET site to Joomla

Post by atuarram » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:09 pm

We have 2 websites, website A is primary site and website B is Joomla site. This is what we are trying to accomplish:

1. New user registers on WEBSITE A
2. When new user is created then a new user is created on WEBSITE B (joomla)
3. New user logs in on WEBSITE A clicks link to WEBSITE B and user is already logged in.

WEBSITE A is a ASP.Net site

Is there a plugin available? I looked at miniOrgane but I am unfamiliar with SAML. Can anyone point me in the right direction or have a secure solution?
Last edited by toivo on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x Coding

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Single Sign On from ASP.NET site to Joomla

Post by toivo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:40 pm

No need to be worried about the SAML 2.0 protocol, it is a de facto standard in SSO implementations.

If you have an Identity Provider (IDP) application, authenticating logins from Active Directory (AD) or a third party service, for example OpenAM or PingIdentity, the paid version of the miniOrange SSO plugin does the job.

When a Joomla user clicks the SSO button or browses to a page accessible only to registered users, the SSO plugin creates a user profile on the fly, after looking up the details from the central directory.

Please note that the paid version of miniOrange is non-GPL and therefore not available from JED. The PHP code and the libraries are proprietary, in fact obfuscated, but in my experience the miniOrange support works well.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”