Quote and notification modules - advice needed

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bobdobelina
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Quote and notification modules - advice needed

Postby bobdobelina » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi

I'm looking to do two things on my website, if anyone can offer any advice that would be great.

1. I'd like to take a quote from my articles and have them appear larger, on the page. Something like this, https://s3.amazonaws.com/impressivewebs ... lquote.jpg I think traditionally it's called a blockquote but how would I make this appear halfway down the article? I don't want to create a new module for each article as we post 4 or 5 articles each day.

2. I then need to send an email to notify people that the article is published. It's a different person each time, sometimes 2 or 3 people. Is it possible to do this with custom fields? Or even to do it without opening the article, from the admin somehow?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

effrit
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Quote and notification modules - advice needed

Postby effrit » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:42 pm

hi.
first, its good practice to put each question as separate topic.

for first solution you must write js-script if you want clever behavior for them.
if it just larger and float at right position - use css styles. inspect styles from your example and add them to your template css.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”