How to get my posts available on Android and Iphone

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
grahamcarter
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How to get my posts available on Android and Iphone

Post by grahamcarter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:44 am

What do I need to do to make my newspaper visible for readers on iphone and android phones?

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: How to get my posts available on Android and Iphone

Post by AMurray » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:33 am

Assuming your site is a Joomla website (you haven't mentioned that is such), basically you'd need a responsive template that works on mobile (smart) phones.

Most templates for Joomla these days that are well designed will adjust to work without any intervention, as they are designed to work on desktop/laptop and mobile (phone, tablet) devices. The default template (protostar) does that. Test it out, try it with your site on an iPhone or whatever.

Please post back with specific questions, one question per post, with any further issues.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

grahamcarter
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by grahamcarter » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:05 am

AMurray wrote:Assuming your site is a Joomla website (you haven't mentioned that is such), basically you'd need a responsive template that works on mobile (smart) phones.

Most templates for Joomla these days that are well designed will adjust to work without any intervention, as they are designed to work on desktop/laptop and mobile (phone, tablet) devices. The default template (protostar) does that. Test it out, try it with your site on an iPhone or whatever.

Please post back with specific questions, one question per post, with any further issues.

Yes my site is written in joombla - where do I find the template? cheers

KianWilliam
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by KianWilliam » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:52 pm

I know an extension if you upload it to your joomla website, it makes your site responsive, you may go to jed and search for it. Unfortunately I have forgotten the name but I do know it is a paid extension
Kian William

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Templates are in the template manager. If you want other templates, search Google for "joomla responsive templates" - you will find 100,000's.

I don't know if https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/responsivizer/ is the extension mentioned by @KianWilliams. If is commercial, €59.00
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by sozzled » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:37 pm

grahamcarter wrote:What do I need to do to make my newspaper visible for readers on iphone and android phones?
What's wrong with using Protostar? It may not be the best but, as a general answer to the question, it will work (unless I have seriously misunderstood what you mean by "newspaper").

I think the paid extension mentioned earlier in this topic might have been Tapatalk; good idea at the time (in J! 2.5 days) but, as far as I can tell, interest in this product has been on the wane for some years.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

grahamcarter
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by grahamcarter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:25 am

People are able to go online and read the newspaper from a laptop or PC but they are asking if the can view it on a tablet or iphone/android. Is this possible? I would have thought it would just require a box being ticked somewhere?
Or a coded message!!

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by sozzled » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:09 am

grahamcarter wrote:People are able to go online and read the newspaper from a laptop or PC but they are asking if the can view it on a tablet or iphone/android. Is this possible?
Unless your "newspaper" is not created by Joomla then, yes, it's possible. What seems to be preventing people reading your newspaper on a tablet or other mobile device?

Do you have a link/URL to your newspaper?
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

grahamcarter
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by grahamcarter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:16 am

My website was created in Joombla - www.fishingoutdoors.org - sorry guys my tech is away and Im pretty new to this

MyFirstPage
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MyFirstPage » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:22 am

You should ask http://www.youjoomla.com/ where your Template is from.

mjparadac
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by mjparadac » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:50 pm

Hello

I have seen your site, to visualize some elements it is necessary to enable the Adobe Flash Player, for that reason it may not be visible on mobile devices.

You could change the way you show your publications. Take a look at this component https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... ping-book/

Regards,
Joomla Community Ambassador for A2 Hosting | A2 Hosting - Our speed, your success | https://www.a2hosting.com/joomla-hosting

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”