Assigning a Block of Modules

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
JohnSmithers
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Assigning a Block of Modules

Postby JohnSmithers » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:47 pm

I want to have a different pages - with different module text - depending on the location of the person's search, for example "myservice New York". The page design is busy with five modules.

It appears that I have a very cumbersome process to create a copy of the module and then update the text to reflect each location; and then to assign these five modules to each location-based page. For example module_x is copied to create module_x_newyork; I then assign this module to its respective page, in this case the "new york" page. What I find though is that I have to assign these modules, individually, to a page; which is cumbersome and time consuming.

I will (very much) welcome much simpler solutions than what I am doing above; but my direct question - first - is to ask whether there is a way to take a block of modules and assign them all to one page?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Assigning a Block of Modules

Postby Per Yngve Berg » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:18 pm

What do you have in the Content Area?

You can embed the Modules into an article with {loadposition <positionname>} and have a unique position name for each article.

https://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”