Processing arbitrary POST requests with Joomla Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Abatap
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Processing arbitrary POST requests with Joomla

Post by Abatap » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Hello. I'm looking for a proper way to process arbitrary POST data a user could send through an html form (or via JavaScript) and I want to leverage Joomla API (request fields sanitazion, flood detection, etc) as much as possible. Of course, I could always go the CMS-less way in doing this but this seems to be wrong to me because I love Joomla and what you can build with it. In case is all this looks to vague, here is what I want:

Let's say I have a simple form markup (HTML and even some jQuery to submit the form without page reload) and I want that post data to be stored in a table the contents of which will be accessible somewhere through Joomla backend while also executing some completely custom code upon data reception (send an email or sms notification or whatever). Is there a way to implement any (or all) of this without writing a full-blown Joomla plugin? You can say: "There are countless contact form plugins and they do exactly this", and yes there are, but I need something more generic, that's why I want to be able to process arbitrary data. Is there a plugin for this? Or mocking up a custom plugin which I can slightly rewrite for each new project is the only way now?

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Processing arbitrary POST requests with Joomla

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Abatap
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Processing arbitrary POST requests with Joomla

Post by Abatap » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:31 pm

Thank you! I'll definitely try this one out.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”