nbill & dompdf

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
brononi
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

nbill & dompdf

Post by brononi » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:07 am

Hello,

Since nbill isn't reacting on any of my support questions, I'll try it over here. Sad to see how a good product (a joomla extension) goes bad cause of poor management. Another company took it over, but they lack service... soit

For years, nbill is running great as an extension on joomla. To create invoice in pdf format, I'm using dompdf.

After an upgrade of the hostingprovider, this dompdf was generating issues.

Code: Select all

The webpage at ....../index.php?option=com_nbill&nbill_popup=1&action=invoices&task=pdfpopup&hidemainmenu=1&items=498 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
I tried to upgrade the php version to 7.0 (and 7.2), but then I'm getting another issue:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: The file ...../autoload.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.4 and cannot run under PHP 7.0. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown on line 0
Not sure if anybody could help me with this?

effrit
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: nbill & dompdf

Post by effrit » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:24 am

Hi.
The extension have ioncubed files (encrypted), so it's dead end.
This situation is one of the reason why ioncubed extensions not allowed on JED now.

brononi
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by brononi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Damned, was already afraid that 'ioncubed' was hard to work with. That not everybody can encode this asis.
Thanks to confirm this!

Pity how a very nice extension is 'doomed' cause of non-updates and bad management (service) of things...

A last straw is to get dompdf working again? But once php7 is the only possibility, nbill is dead anyway. Guess that my hosting provider won't keep php5 running for one extension. :'(

gee2803
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gee2803 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:22 am

As a customer of nBill you could download a not ionicubed version when the company took it over. That one works on PHP < 7.

brononi
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by brononi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:30 am

gee2803 wrote:As a customer of nBill you could download a not ionicubed version when the company took it over. That one works on PHP < 7.
Can we still do that? Or once it only for a limited time? Seems I missed that action... :'(
For once I actual buy software. :$

(I find it very pitty that they keep the site (product) up and running as 'alive'. But that they don't give any feedback/support...)

gee2803
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gee2803 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:14 am

Not anymore I guess. There was a form on the website that time. You entered the license code and got a download called "nbill_unrestricted".

These changes make the auto generate invoice functionality work again on PHP 7+.

uncomment line 1419 in administrator/components/com_nbill/framework/classes/nbill.invoice.generator.class.php

and uncomment all set_magic_quotes_runtime in the following files for the pdfwriter:

administrator/components/com_nbill/pdfwriter/config.parse.php
administrator/components/com_nbill/pdfwriter/pdf.fpdf.makefont.php
administrator/components/com_nbill/pdfwriter/pipeline.class.php
administrator/components/com_nbill/framework/phpm/class.phpmailer.php

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”