Extension for paid videos and presentations

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
patkelly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Extension for paid videos and presentations

Post by patkelly » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:10 pm

Hi Guys
Here’s a bit of an odd one
What I would like to do is serve / stream videos and presentations after payment has been made
To go something like this

End user selects video or presentation makes payment then the user gets a link to the selected video or presentation that has been emailed they use be able to use the link more than once but locked to their own system

Is ther such a plugin or extention

I don’t mind paying for something if is going to work

Anyone got any suggestions?

TIA

Pat
Last edited by toivo on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: retitled - please read the forum rules about subject line at https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

gws
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Extension for paid videos and presentations

Post by gws » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:44 am

If you wish to lock a certain video / stream to a particular users system you will need some software on their system. You can host the content and only make it available through paid subscription via joomla but once downloaded they can do what they want with it.
In general terms you are trying to create IPTV and joomla is not designed for such, AFAIK.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:35 am

I would agree - if you wanted a system (say, similar to online video (movie) rentals such as iTunes), that might take a little extra effort.Are these your own videos e.g. on a video channel on You-Tube or something? Does YT or something similar have links that expire after a certain time? Maybe the pro version of YT does, don't know about the free You-Tube service. (I believe you can make YT channels private, for particular viewers only and not public).

If you simply want a subscription service, where subscribed users pay and then can log in to see that content for the life of their subscription, that's slightly different, and the JED has several 'subscription' type extensions.
https://extensions.joomla.org/category/ ... criptions/
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

patkelly
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by patkelly » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:45 am

Thanks for the Idea of of a membership manager
I’ve now managed to think about this from a different position, connection a document manager together with the membership manager linked with the Joomla ACL should stop unauthorised members seeing paid for content as opposed to free, just need to set up the necessary membership categories

The videos/animations would be ones we are making ourselves or have had made for us as part of training packages

Thanks for your help

Pat

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”