access to article after clicking paypal button

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ita4012
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

access to article after clicking paypal button

Post by ita4012 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:48 pm

Hi, I am using both Conditional Content and Smartsubscription.

With those extensions, I set some articles in my website so that only a special users category can access to it. They are supporters users who paid some money, when they registered.

But, people are lazy.... and often don't want to spend time to register in my website to become a supporter user.

So, I thought to give access to some of my articles also to any unregistered user, who simply has clicked a paypal button in the article preview, and has paid a few money to read only that article. Is there a way to reach this goal?

Thanks

ita4012
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: access to article after clicking paypal button

Post by ita4012 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:56 pm

I verified that paypal allows to create a payment button with a specific URL to which redirect users after payment. So, I could reach my purpose creating a special hidden url, with full article, viewable only by guest who did the payment. Have you got ideas to do that?

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: access to article after clicking paypal button

Post by AMurray » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:18 pm

suggest looking at the "paid downloads" extensions.
https://extensions.joomla.org/category/ ... downloads/
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”