item with General category in the backend but with another category in the frontend

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
davidote
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

item with General category in the backend but with another category in the frontend

Post by davidote » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:52 am

Hi there,

I want to show the latest news in the form of a blog and with links to the subcategories. In the frontend I'm using the Joomla blog category view, because the Flexicontent view does not exactly do what I want. I have several items with the General category, which in the frontend, appear with another completely different category. The problem is that I do not want them to be seen in the blog view. I've tried using different templates.

The item is classified only in the main General category, but appears in the frontend in another that is not part of the same category tree of the General category.

I use Access Manager that uses user groups. Different groups of users can access a category, but others can not.

Where could I find the MySQL queries, to add my content filters in the blog category view? The query or MySQL queries I want to obtain are those that identify the items that need to be displayed.

I've contacted the Flexicontent developers, but they can not help me.

Joomla version: 3.8.10
Flexicontent version: 3.2.1.14

Regards.
Last edited by imanickam on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to the forum Extensions for Joomla! 3.x

KianWilliam
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: item with General category in the backend but with another category in the frontend

Post by KianWilliam » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:27 am

Could'nt you set these stuff from blog category menuitem? I remember there is options for subcategories and articles inside the category to be or not to be shown in menuitem, if they are not of use in your case, then why will you not use template override to arrange the view of your page according to what you would rather, to access database use JFactory::getDbo() and execute the query you like in default.php of blog overridden view under html folder of template. Good luck
Kian William

davidote
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: item with General category in the backend but with another category in the frontend

Post by davidote » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:36 am

Hi there,

I'm sorry, but I've answered after all these days. I've been on vacation for a few days. I enclose some screenshots of the configuration of the menu option. I use the template gk_magazine to automatically show all the articles that are automatically added to Joomla. I have tried several templates, but the problem continues. I still see some articles that do not belong to the same category tree that I want to show. I have been looking at the files in the html folder of the template, but I do not see clearly what I should do.

Regads.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”