Guests can't access members calendar [solved]

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
andy75043
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Guests can't access members calendar [solved]

Post by andy75043 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:42 pm

First, some up front introduction. About a year ago I was asked to take over as webmaster for our club's website. I have several years experience as a software developer, but until then I had no web development experience, so I was reluctant to accept, but I was assured that Joomla was easy to learn, so I did. As it turned out, I've had very little trouble learning most of what I needed, and for the last year I've been dealing with a number of maintenance issues, which leads to why I'm here.

We have a club calendar (JEvents) on the site which we want to let guests see, but we also want to prevent them from seeing personal data (telephone numbers, addresses, etc.). JEvents has a "Hidden Details" option that should allow what we need, but it's not working -- or, perhaps, working too well. When a guest clicks the "Events" link on our main menu he or she gets a "Page not found" error citing the error "Call to a member function catids() on null"; this doesn't tell me enough to diagnose the problem, given my relative lack of expertise. I've posted an inquiry on the JEvents site user forum, but so far they haven't been able to help me.

One last detail which may be relevant: This is not a new problem; it's been around for at least a couple of years. But the previous webmaster didn't have the time to deal with it then and doesn't have the time to help me now. Can anyone give me a clue?
Last edited by mandville on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: marked solved as per op

andy75043
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Guests can't access members calendar

Post by andy75043 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:32 am

As it turns out, we had an out-of-date version of (part of) our JEvent software installed. A member of the JEvent support staff fixed this for us, and all is well again.

Never mind...

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”