Is there an Inventory-per-day feature on any ecommerce extension?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
steveorg
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Is there an Inventory-per-day feature on any ecommerce extension?

Post by steveorg » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:01 pm

The site will be for a small baked goods company. Only a limited quantity of each item will be available each day.

The optimal implementation would allow the customer to specify quantity and ship date. In my fantasy world, the UI would look something like this:
Item ................Order today (date) ............Order for next bus. day (date) ..._Order for next bus. day (date)
Amazing Bread .._Avail: 4 Your Order: _____ ...Avail: 5 Your Order: _____ ........_Avail: 5 Your Order: _____

I prefer that the inventory is maintained in a Google Sheet, CSV or XML file and auto updated once a day at a specified time. A CSV or PHPMyAdmin upload would be acceptable. The inventory table should have fields for 1-3 weeks of future inventory.

Does any ecommerce extension have this feature or at least a subset? I'm open to suggestions for other approaches.
Last edited by imanickam on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to Extensions for Joomla! 3.x

Prowebdesign
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Is there an Inventory-per-day feature on any ecommerce extension?

Post by Prowebdesign » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:46 am

Hey,

I have developed a bunch of websites over the past decades and have gone through a lot of different extensions but with a 99.99% certainty I can tell you that you are looking for a custom development solution.

Regular e-commerce shops usually are intended for mainstream usage therefore it is highly unlikely that someone would be investing his time into releasing an extension that is going to be used by a very small amount of users.
Best regards,
Streamline
Web design blog and tutorials http://www.majas-lapu-izstrade.lv
http://www.uniqcube.com

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”