Database Restoration Error in Akeeba/Kickstart Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
agossett
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Database Restoration Error in Akeeba/Kickstart

Post by agossett » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:49 pm

Hello. I'm trying to migrate my first Joomla site from my development 'localhost' site to a production environment on InMotion Hosting. I'm using Akeeba and Kickstart to perform this task but I'm getting hung up on the "Restoration of site's main database" phase. I keep getting the error message, (below) and I'm not sure what it means or how to resolve the issue.

Could not connect to MySQL via PDO: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'ExampleUser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

This is the first time that I've attempted to migrate a site from my MAMP localhost environment to one on a production server, so I apologize if my questions seem pretty basic; but I just don't know what info. is being requested on the 'Connection information' form. What I have tried to submit is the same info. that was used on creation of the development site. (With the change of DB type from M7SQLi to MySQL. neither works BTW...)

One question that I have is: Do I have to create the MySQL database/users in the cPanel prior to running Kickstart?

Can any Akeeba/Kickstart wizards offer a novice some direction? Your help is greatly appreciated! I'm attaching several screenshots of what I'm seeing (note: some info. has been modified to protect data.)
Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 4.13.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 4.13.52 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Database Restoration Error in Akeeba/Kickstart

Post by AMurray » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:28 am

Three possible explanations:

(1) entered the wrong username / password for the database;

(2) not given the full permissions for that db user on that database;

(3) the database details are not correct at all (or not in line with the naming convention required by InMotion;
i.e. it may require your db user and database to be prefixed with your hosting account name e.g. jbloggs_yourDB, jbloggs_yourDBuser.

If you expect Kickstart to create the db specified, first you need at the very minimum a the db user specified to have been assigned the permissions to create the db. I don't actually know if Kickstart can create the db, or if you have to create it first. Regardless, in my experience, I always create the db and assign the user ahead of restoring any site with Akeeba Kickstart.

I would expect InMotion support can help with the information concerning what databases are running and what the settings should be.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

agossett
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Database Restoration Error in Akeeba/Kickstart

Post by agossett » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:04 pm

AMurray, I apologize for the delay in replying to your message. In any case, I wanted to let you know that your advice was sound, in that I had not created the DB/user and assigned user privileges prior to trying to install the DB. Having performed those necessary tasks, the install went smoothly. Thanks for your assistance!

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”