Multisites slave site database upgrade method needed

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
railer
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Multisites slave site database upgrade method needed

Post by railer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:29 pm

Having a problem upgrading Joomla on a series of Multisites sites.

The master site runs on an instance of Joomla 3.6.5. The db is MySQL 5.6.x. PHP is 7.0.x

The first attempt (on a development server) was to upgrade 3.6.5 directly to 3.9.8 using the Joomla Update component. That went fine on the master site. But when I accessed several of the slave's admin area, I could login, but then I got basically a white page with a thin dark blue header (the top of the admin interface) and within it is the following error message:

Error: Unknown column 'a.client_id' in 'where clause': Unknown column 'a.client_id' in 'where clause'

Each slave site has it's own database. I'm guessing that when I run the update on the master, I also need to run the sql update part on the slave databases.

Where can I find the update file? Note that on some of the sites, I can use the Extensions/Database fix tool to resolve the problems. But on other's I can't access that page.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”