how to add custom field to user and manage accessibility to them? ?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Michael REMY
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

how to add custom field to user and manage accessibility to them? ?

Post by Michael REMY » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:54 am

hi,

i'm searching for an extension which can provide this feature :
- adding new custom fields to user profil (like postal address fields, upload personal drive licence, health & sport fields like body dimension, like accounting information....)
- i need to organize these new customized fields into categories (because i will add 40 fields or more per user)

- i need this categories been view/search/filtered/displayable into tabs or menu (i don't want our staff use the wheeldown mousein the user profil web page with a big scrolling bar, i need each category been display into tabs or menu or something like windows metro interface..)

and the big one feature :

- and i wish my staff doesn't have all the accessibility to the new fields.

By example, i wish the medical staff can only see the medical fields i added. the accounting staff only see the account fields i add ..Etc.

Shall you advice me an extension ? In fact my needs are near of a basic ERP for little structure but i wish to inject this feature into joomla.

Thank you for your time and advices.

Michael REMY
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: how to add custom field to user and manage accessibility to them? ?

Post by Michael REMY » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:48 am

thank you for your proposition, but only one part of my need is solved (adding custom fields).

but how can i add the right to admin (or other group of users) to ONLY see/edit this news field ?

Moreover, imagine i add 30 customized fields, the page will be too longer, i need to organyze this new fields into categories and display them into tab.

basicelly, imagine a shared excel spreadsheet with many sheets. in lines, i have the users data, and in columns i have my fields. The excel have many tab (1 tab = 1 sheet = 1 user right), one tab by user role/group (admin, author,team CM, team account).

there must be a plugin to manag users into a team works with special need/right/access by user.

harperlala
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: how to add custom field to user and manage accessibility to them? ?

Post by harperlala » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:19 am

joomla core also set user group to separate field, this is general solution.
if you want tab or fit your idea, you need to build plugin to manage these fields ( not build field again)

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”