Need help building an online shop but without images

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Brendonbb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Need help building an online shop but without images

Post by Brendonbb » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:45 am

I have limited knowledge with Joomla and Virtuemart and unfortunately no programming skills.

I've set up an online shop before with images, all imported via API's from suppliers and it worked fine but some items did not have images and does not look professional if an image is missing.

I've decided I want an online shop but I don’t need images. Take note it is about 30,000 items. Unless there is a way to get 30k images from sku's or some other way to get images. I just need to get my SKU'S, short product description and price online for my clients to see.

Is there anyone who can help me with this. I've used storefront's paid template which worked alright. Have the paid version of all import for the api updates etc. Currently running Joomla 3 only local machine with xampp ready to start but no idea where to start.
Last edited by toivo on Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved to 3.x Extensions

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Need help building an online shop but without images

Post by toivo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Brendonbb wrote:Unless there is a way to get 30k images from sku's or some other way to get images.
That depends on the API or the capabilities of the import application.

I would expect that the APIs offered by the suppliers can be quite different. Therefore it would be best to get someone involved with experience in shopping baskets, APIs and data conversions to analyse the requirements and the available options.

The best people to ask questions about importing products and supplier APIs could be the experts at the VirtueMart forum at http://forum.virtuemart.net/.

Alternatively, post your requirements to the Professional Development Services forum at viewforum.php?f=177. Read the sticky topic first.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”