Need free comment form

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Kerrith
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Need free comment form

Post by Kerrith » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:09 pm

I'm changing one of our webs from ExpressionsWeb4 to Joomla. I need a free comment form at the bottom of each page of a free tutorial for veterans. The comment form should not require registration or an email address and I should receive email notification of a comment—when I receive a notification email it has a link that takes me to the htmlcommentbox website that has the text of the comment and the option to accept or decline the comment.
Thanks, Kerry

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Need free comment form

Post by sozzled » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:15 pm

See https://extensions.joomla.org/category/ ... -comments/

Select one(s) that are "free". Good luck.
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

Kerrith
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Kerrith » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:54 pm

Thanks sozzled,
Kerry

Kerrith
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Kerrith » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:12 pm

There are dozens of free extensions but I haven't had luck getting the "Demo" buttons to work on most of them. I was hoping someone could recommend a comment form they use, perhaps the URL to a Joomla web page that has a comment form?

I forgot to add another main feature I need. The comment form needs to work in HTML pages and with Joomla. The reason is: Our Expression Web pages all use the htmlcommentbox script that apparently won't work with our new Joomla web site.

Kerrith
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Does HTMLCommentsBox work with Joomla?

Post by Kerrith » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:30 pm

Does HTMLCommentsBox work with Joomla?

If not, is there a free comment form that does not require registration or an email address to submit a comment, an extension that works with both HTML websites and with Joomla. It also must be responsive.
Thanks, Kerry
Last edited by imanickam on Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged the topic with the topic https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=715&t=973069.

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by AMurray » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:28 am

I suppose HTMLCOmmentsBox you mention would have a way to embed into any website (CMS type or static HTML site). It would be done usually with a snippet of code - such as javascript, iframe or maybe even a snippet of PHP.

You could easily insert that into a Custom module, and place the module whereever you need it in your page(s). I would be surprised if this one didn't require as a condition of posting a comment, an email address at the very minimum.

Can you post a couple of examples where the demos are not working? Since they are free, why not just download, install and evaluate on your own site (or a test copy of the site).
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Kerrith
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Kerrith » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:48 am

Thank you, with most of the free ones the commenter must enter their email address to send.

Re: "I suppose HTMLCOmmentsBox you mention would have a way to embed into any website (CMS type or static HTML site). It would be done usually with a snippet of code - such as javascript, iframe or maybe even a snippet of PHP. "
I'm hoping someone can confirm your supposition and offer a few tips to a newbie on how to install it.

One of the features I like about it that commenters don't have to register or even enter an email address and, I get an email whenever someone make a comment.

Slackervaara
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Slackervaara » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Earlier I used JComments, but now I use a fork of JComments and it mails me when a new comment is posted or changed. The fork is adapted to PHP 7:
https://github.com/exstreme/Jcomments-Recaptcha2

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”